• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xghostmakerx

xghostmakerx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

Hello, I recently aquired a KMP9 and if I run out of gas when firing the gun I have noticed if I hold the muzzle down and eject the mag I get 2-4 BBs that roll out of the barrel.  I was not sure if this was normal so I thought that I would pose that question here.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

One in the barrel ready to fire would be normal.  3-4, is news to me.  Have you had any multiple bb's fired at once during shooting?  Have you cleaned the bucking with Silicone?  Are you using Propane?

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

Check everything GCW is telling you.
And I am also thinking that it can be normal since it would make sense that with low gas your bolt is pulled back far enough to load the bbs but not enough pressure there to fire the bbs. So if you squeezed off a few rounds with low gas pressure you would end up with bbs in the bucking and barrel. But when I get a chance I will see if I can duplicate your "problem."

Very hard to type while driving..........lol

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

FYI, Tried to duplicate the problem....couldn't do it.

#5 spikec15

spikec15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 02 September 2011 - 12:37 PM, said:

Check everything GCW is telling you.
And I am also thinking that it can be normal since it would make sense that with low gas your bolt is pulled back far enough to load the bbs but not enough pressure there to fire the bbs. So if you squeezed off a few rounds with low gas pressure you would end up with bbs in the bucking and barrel. But when I get a chance I will see if I can duplicate your "problem."

As  above, I have done this when using low power Gas, when i started to run low.

Edited by spikec15, 08 September 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Does it do it with green gas or only low power gas?  The MP9 is not designed to run on low lower gas.

#7 spikec15

spikec15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

Only on low power gas I coud not use Green gas at my site untill i got down below 328fps, now i run green with a dangerwex valve so no issue any more.

In Northern Ireland we can not run any higher than 328fps.

#8 Godfather68

Godfather68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

This is exactly the same symptom as I used to get (see my previous thread).  The cause was bucking that has swollen due to silicon contamination.  Followed guide on here and swapped bucking.  Now good as new! Due you sometimes get a "shotgun" effect where you get multiple bbs out when on full auto, that was the other symptom I used to get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users