4 replies to this topic

#1 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

I am having some problems with removing, and reinserting my inner barrel, from the outer barrel. It is extremely difficult. I have to use a pair of pillars to remove it, and a rubber mallet to put it back it.  Does anyone know what could be the problem. I'm using a Promy 407mm inner barrel, and I have a UTG RIS mounted. This just started to happen a few days ago it's the weirdest thing. Will this affect my accuracy any. Thank you advance for the help.

#2 glambo

glambo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

View PostLt. Tony, on Feb 7 2009, 12:42 AM, said:

I am having some problems with removing, and reinserting my inner barrel, from the outer barrel. It is extremely difficult. I have to use a pair of pillars to remove it, and a rubber mallet to put it back it.  Does anyone know what could be the problem. I'm using a Promy 407mm inner barrel, and I have a UTG RIS mounted. This just started to happen a few days ago it's the weirdest thing. Will this affect my accuracy any. Thank you advance for the help.

i think it will effect your accuracy eventually, one way or another. anytime a mallet is involved something is bound to get warped, bent or broken. >_<

#3 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

I don't hammer it in. I gently tap it in, just because it's hard to get in by hand. It doesn't slide in like it's supposed to.

#4 darkfang68

darkfang68

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:49 AM

I've been having a problem like this with my 407 prommy although I have a JP rail system.  they key is to be patient when getting it in and working it slowly.  Also to take mine out I have the unscrew the front of my outer barrel.

#5 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

I solved it! The UTG RIS squeezed the base of the outer barrel, putting pressure on the inner barrel making it harder to get in and out. All you have to do is take off the RIS, and you should be good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users