• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Iced spirit

Iced spirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

while i was trying to put in a new mag for my kg36c it stopped shooting,When i pull the trigger with battery in i hear the motor turning slowly then clicks and doesn't shoot, ill try to upload a video to youtube showing my problem, on that note i've also noticed that my trigeer pull has been alot slow since i've gotten it, please help me i don't think the mag caused the problem the trigger seems to have gotten worse since i bought it, it is a 2GX gearbox, as you can see in thevideo i made the gearbox doesnt seem to get any juice, is the motor the problem? help is greatly appreciated! H       here is the link to video

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

The MAG is not the issue.  Try a fresh battery.  The battery may need a charge or be damaged.  If it is not that, then there could be issues with the motor being too high in the gearbox causing it to jam up or the gearbox could have an internal malfunction that is causing the jam.  I am betting on the battery though based on what you have posted. :gun:

#3 Iced spirit

Iced spirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

View Postgcw360, on 23 August 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

The MAG is not the issue.  Try a fresh battery.  The battery may need a charge or be damaged.  If it is not that, then there could be issues with the motor being too high in the gearbox causing it to jam up or the gearbox could have an internal malfunction that is causing the jam.  I am betting on the battery though based on what you have posted. :gun:
yep switched battery, works fine thanks so much,any idea why my ares g36c mag wont fit correctly? it says it compatible?

#4 Iced spirit

Iced spirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

hey niko my ares mags wont fit in my g36c you know why?

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

View PostIced spirit, on 23 August 2011 - 08:35 PM, said:

hey niko my ares mags wont fit in my g36c you know why?
Is it not even going in the mag well? If so how far does it go before it gets stuck?  Can you explain how it's not fitting?

#6 Iced spirit

Iced spirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 24 August 2011 - 03:55 AM, said:

Is it not even going in the mag well? If so how far does it go before it gets stuck?  Can you explain how it's not fitting?
goes in all the way in but stops quarter inch away, doesn't seem to be hitting anything, i measured the mag to compare with my high cap and everything is the same except the main lock part that sticks out on the gun, i sanded it down to same measurement  and it still won't fit. i could make an video, i dont know any other way to explain it. the side AWAY  the trigger guard on the mag fit in fine but the other side of the mag seem to be stopping from going all the way in.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

Have you compared the Ares mag to the KWA mag side by side to see if there are any visible differences?

I know that this is a mag that one of the members claimed to fit the KWA but it may have been part of a bad batch.  Manufacturers sometimes use a mould beyond it's useful life. A mold is created to either stamp or inject a new casing for a mag and it may be able to do that say with precision for about 1000 mags (as an example).  But mould can deteriorate over time/use and it has a useful life span. So this may have been part of a batch that was made with a mould that should have been replaced.
I also experienced this with magpul low cap mags.  I bought a brand that was user tested to work but it didn't.
So in your case maybe it will work with some more filing but determine where it's getting stuck.

#8 Iced spirit

Iced spirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 24 August 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

Have you compared the Ares mag to the KWA mag side by side to see if there are any visible differences?

I know that this is a mag that one of the members claimed to fit the KWA but it may have been part of a bad batch.  Manufacturers sometimes use a mould beyond it's useful life. A mold is created to either stamp or inject a new casing for a mag and it may be able to do that say with precision for about 1000 mags (as an example).  But mould can deteriorate over time/use and it has a useful life span. So this may have been part of a batch that was made with a mould that should have been replaced.
I also experienced this with magpul low cap mags.  I bought a brand that was user tested to work but it didn't.
So in your case maybe it will work with some more filing but determine where it's getting stuck.
i had to sand down some parts of the mag for it to fit in correctly. all is resolved, just have to do that to 4 more mags :)

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

View PostIced spirit, on 24 August 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

i had to sand down some parts of the mag for it to fit in correctly. all is resolved, just have to do that to 4 more mags :)
OUCH!  Lol

#10 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

Ares, as in the Star 140rnd midcaps? http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=1665

I have a couple of this mags, and don't have a problem.. my buddy has a ton of these mags, and also no problems. We do have older model G36s though. He has First gen, I have an '09 1.5 gen, whereas you have a 2GX and they've said that the magwell is different in the 2GX models, but it's to accommodate the reinforcement of the gearbox, and I don't think it should affect how mags fit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users