• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flyingmule

flyingmule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

Looking for some help from any 1911 gurus!

I wanted a classic M1911A1 and, being a fan of KWA's quality, I didn't want to get any other brand and picked up a used KWA.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a little more "used" than I'd hoped and the Gas Chamber Cylinder (Part #7) just broke on me.  I called the pro-shop but they no longer have them and now I am the proud owner of a cool-looking yet non-firing M1911A1 replica.

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere/anywhere that I could get a replacement cylinder from?  I'm pretty sure mine is NS2 (all-black cylinder) and I'd be willing to modify another part if necessary to bring it back to life.  I read elsewhere that a TM one might fit, but I'm skeptical...

I'm anxiously waiting for KWA to announce a new-and-improved version of their M1911A1, but in the meantime I hope the forum rules will allow for "creative suggestions" on bringing a KWA classic back to life.

Thanks!

#2 Sky_Guy_1

Sky_Guy_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Check the Pro Shop ... I had my "Cylinder ... Part # 7" break on my Mk III .... the new cylinder cost $12.50 and arrived at my house in 3 days.

http://store.kwausa....assembly-1.aspx

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Unfortunately, that is not the same cylinder.  The M1911A1 is out of production and going through a redesign.  If there are none at KWA I suggest you look at some of the Kong Kong/overseas suppliers: WGC, E Hobby Asia, Tokyo Model Company, etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users