• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyR6760

JeremyR6760

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hey, my friend is purchasing a g36. We couldn't find any dedicated g36 mag pouches. So i was wondering what pouches do you guys use for your g36? I think I heard that someone uses AK mag pouches but i think M4 would work better. Thanks ahead of time!

#2 JROC311

JROC311

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Seeking of thrills

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Double m4 pouches will hold one and fits nicely. Single m4 pouches won't work.

#3 steved49

steved49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

http://www.airsoftme.../dt-ac-823b.htm

They work like a champ.

#4 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

Protip - Cut the locking tabs and the little 'shelf' on the sides of your mags, it will help them fit in a wider variety of mag pouches.

EI Triple shingle or anything similar
EI 200rd SAW pouch (Fits 6) or anything similar
EI M60 pouch (Fits 6) or anything similar
Tactical Tailor G36 double mag pouch (duh)
Tactical Tailor or SORD 90rd mag pouch (Like a triple stacked 5.56 mag pouch, fits 2)
Triple stacked AK mag pouch (Fits 2)

You could also look into the BFG Ten-Speed pouches and the HSGI TACO pouches. They might fit G36 mags, but I don't know

Edited by Italian13, 30 August 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#5 von_lounger

von_lounger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

I use Condor Triple AR/AK mag pouches.  Each pouch holds two G36 mags after you remove the the divider.  The quality is decent enough, especially for the price.

Edited by von_lounger, 31 August 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#6 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

View Postvon_lounger, on 31 August 2011 - 02:34 PM, said:

I use Condor Triple AR/AK mag pouches.  Each pouch holds two G36 mags after you remove the the divider.  The quality is decent enough, especially for the price.
I used this exact pouch w/ mod for G36 mags when I first got into airsoft a year and a half ago. They held up pretty well considering they're Condor and what they've gone through. that pouch is actually the only knock-off piece of kit I still have and probably will have for a while. Condor takes forever to sell :(

Make sure you take the time to unstitch the divider, not cut or tear it out. It'll maintain the value and 'condition' of the pouch. Looks cleaner, too.

#7 von_lounger

von_lounger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

View PostItalian13, on 31 August 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

Make sure you take the time to unstitch the divider, not cut or tear it out. It'll maintain the value and 'condition' of the pouch. Looks cleaner, too.

This is very true.  An x-acto knife is a handy device in removing the stitching. However, if try to cut it out though and you'll slice right through the side of the pouch.

As far as value goes; when you buy the cheapest possible option, don't expect to get much of anything out of it. I bought these with "disposable gear" in mind as I didn't feel like shelling out $40 for a single dual G36 mag pouch, especially when you can get a triple dual pouch for half the price.  Needless to say I feel like I got my money's worth for how well they have held up.  More fraying than my 1000D Cordura gear, but nothing to complain about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users