12 replies to this topic

#1 kiettyyyy

kiettyyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

Hi all!

So, this is my first post... but.. I'll try to make it worth while.

Problem
I've noticed an issue with using green gas and/or propane in hot climates. When pulling the trigger, a puff of gas is released with the slide traversing a quarter of its full travel. This will continue until the magazine's gas & gas reservoir has cooled sufficiently.

Solution
I've replaced both the hammer spring and recoil spring to fully depress the magazine's gas release valve. This won't let additional gas flow through in colder environments, it will just allow the gun to function properly in every environment(hot or cold). After taking apart the M226 that was on display at Evike, I found that a compatible spring(s) would be the Tokyo Marui MEU .45 150% spring. It has a very similar outer and inner diameter on both the recoil and hammer spring. The main difference is the length of the spring. Here's a link to the spring: http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=31046

Enjoy!

Edited by kiettyyyy, 20 August 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Alan

Alan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Soccer, Games, Tennis.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

I have a question, my m226 is very odd and weird because when i try to shoot it on my backyard it will work and not work sometimes... and most of the time when i take it to games and it's like 80 or more outside it wont work.. it will either not do anything or all i will get is a puff once i pull the triger...

so my question is, if i buy this recoil and hammer spring the problem might be fixed? i bought a 160 dollar gun hoping i could use it on the field :(

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

How old is your gun?  If it is within warranty I strongly suggest that you send it in for repair.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Did you ever clean and relube the gun when you got it new?

What gas are you using?

Ever use excessive amounts of silicone oil that could have gotten on the bucking?

Are you experiencing a jam?

Did it ever work or is this something that's been happening recently?

#5 Alan

Alan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

which part is exactly the bucking(im kinda new sorry) and what happens if too much lube goes there..?

well i cleaned my gun throughout and removed ALL the lube that was in it and it seems to be shooting fine now exept for one thing.. the bbs always fly up.. even when the hop up is al the way down or up (or any position) it seems like the hopup is not working.. no matter what all the bbs fly up.. any help?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Answered in your other post.  Look here for more information and the actual part: See part 33 - http://kwausa.com/fi...P10V01_M226.jpg

#7 Alan

Alan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

so is this swap of spring/hammer spring recommended? will it fix my problem too? any help from kwa staff?

#8 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I am not happy in reviving this post from 7 months ago, but I hope to get some pity out of what I am asking, especially considering that this is the only thread that offers some kind of DIY fix..

Has anyone tried this solution? Has any fix been confirmed to remove the puffing?

Thanks in advance,

#9 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

As promised, here is the complete video guide on how to upgrade the springs in the KWA or KSC p226 PTP

https://www.youtube....h?v=9-V1DpLw-2w

Remember: KWA and KSC products, while very similar, cannot be officially stated as identical. My guide should work perfectly on both versions of the P226. The pistol on my video is a KSC.

Also note that the major cause of puffing is caused by the overfill of the magazine. Since I learnt the correct way of loading gas in GBB mags, my P226 has never failed. Ever.

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Nice video. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

#11 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 08 June 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Nice video. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Glad you liked it! Thanks,

#12 raden

raden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Spare Time Self Development, Weight & Strength Training, Mil-Sim, Firearms, etc

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Will this set work?

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=6608

#13 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

First off, I own a KSC and not a KWA so I must emphasise that, officially, this post is just some border line opinion from some who does not own the exact, precise, identical product you do.

This said, I believe that set should work appropriately. Remember that the stronger recoil spring might cause your gun not stay with the slide in the recessed position after firing the last BB. Also note that stronger springs for recoil might translate into less felt recoil because the slide encounters more resistance when being pushed back against its recessed position.

So if you want you can try and install the striker spring only and leave the recoil one original. You can experiment, of course.

Remember these are the opinions of a KSC owner which seems similar to a KWA but it is not, as the staff here has made very clear.

I would wait for all the KWA users here (so many of them, ready to help you) to chime on the matter and then use their opinions for a more weighted support.

My 2 cents,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users