• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fokai

Fokai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

Got a query on the possibility of either changing out recoil spring (#142) or maybe stretching it...I've noticed lately that the slide seems rather slow in moving forward. Usually, when empty like when slide lever is released after removing magazine and especially noticeable when muzzle is pointed up. Is their an upgraded spring for this particular part?

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

The dual springs configuration on the KP45 are pretty robust.  Cycling problems are usually due to insignificant lubrication.  Try lubing the following parts:

1. Release valve on the magazine.
2. Main seal.
3. Guide rod.
4. Slide rails.

Please report back if the above does not solve your problem.

#3 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

View PostRadix, on Jun 6 2008, 10:39 AM, said:

The dual springs configuration on the KP45 are pretty robust.  Cycling problems are usually due to insignificant lubrication.  Try lubing the following parts:

1. Release valve on the magazine.
2. Main seal.
3. Guide rod.
4. Slide rails.

Please report back if the above does not solve your problem.

Hello Radix,

I was about to post about this problem, but I see that one was there already. I seem to have the same problem. I brought the KP45 back at the AEX store, but they said that the gun being new, needs to wear in. I also lubed using silicon oil the slide and frame rails, but that did not seem to help. I see you also suggested 2 more locations. I will try that and let you know.

Fokai, any new news on the problem?

Thx
Leo

#4 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:07 AM

I do not know why I did not think about it earlier, but I just printed the schematics.

Using it, I took the slider off, took the spring assembly off and the barrel off the slider.

I then slid the slider back on the frame, and felt where the hang up was.

It is about the time the back of the slider reached the end of the frame, and I noticed the following:

part 72 and part 57, are sprung, and go up and down as the slider goes over them. In the slider, there are slots that these two parts go into and out of, and the hesitations appear when these parts reach the start/end of these slots.

I tested how springhy these to parts are (springs are parts 58 and 55?) and they seem to be pretty stiff.

Redix, I do not know what these parts do, but how importan are these two springs, to be this stiff/strong?

Leo

Edited by lpesce, 05 July 2008 - 01:09 AM.

#5 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

Part number 55 provides tension to the "Trigger Transfer Bar" (part# 54). The "Trigger Transfer Bar" releases the sear when trigger is pulled.  Part number 58  provides tension to the "Impact Block Reset" (part# 57).  The stiffness of the springs ensures proper return and alignment. :)

#6 Nerd

Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

I have this same problem with this gun. its about a month old, and has minimal use. Ive cleaned and heavily lubed it. When HEAVILY lubed it will work, but i mean seriously heavy on the silicon spray. My problem is the identical one posted prior. any news on a fix?

#7 MajorBakin

MajorBakin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

Mine also stuck when I purchased it new. I discovered it was due to the orange paint, it was very thick and would rub on the barrel. Removed it with finger nail polish remover and havent had an issue since. Lubrication is also sometimes the issue.

#8 LASunSetBunny69

LASunSetBunny69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Building Airsoft Replica Guns For Movie Work, Riding Antique English Motorcycles With My Husband, English Springer Spaniels, Shooting Real Steel, Computers, 60's & 70's Classic Rock, Good Movies...

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

We Had The Same Problem When Using A Shooter's Design Trademarked Slide and Outer Barrel.  That 2 Stage Recoil Spring Doesn't Get It.  Go To a Hong Kong AirSoft Shop and Get a $6.99 "King Arms" Recoil Assembly and Install It.  This Gave Us A Stronger Recoil Spring and A Better Guide Rod.  With A High Flow Mag Valve, Ours Recoils Like A Real Walther PPK .32 Auto!  After A Lot Of Use The USP .45 Shows No Unusual Wear. Remember when Changing Out The Guide Rod To Reinstall The Rear Washer.  Good Luck! Bunny Dip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users