13 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin23

Kevin23

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Is there a way to tell the 1st and 2nd gen kwa g36'cs apart? I know you can take it apart and look at the gearbox for the KWA on it for second gen, but are there any physical differences?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Externals with Trades are a sure sign of 2GX on the g36c.

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

I believe though, there can mix up with KWAs from overseas?

If you purchase a KWA G36C 2GX from a KWA authorized dealer in the United States, it will have H&K trademarks. The fact that you purchased from an authorized dealer in the US and that the G36C has trademarks on it, is a clear indicator that you purchased the 2GX version.

As for taking it apart and comparing it to the first gen. The KWA G36C will have all 9mm ball bearing bushings, 2GX hop up bucking and a 2GX version 3 gearbox. The 2GX version 3 gearbox is far beefier than even the regular version 3 gearbox. That is the clear differences I can remember off the top of my head.

If you are lucky, you may find the newest generation of KWA balanced gears that have been appearing in some batches of KWA G36C 2GX. :whistle:

#4 Kevin23

Kevin23

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

Is the first gearbox still good?

#5 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Oh yes, the first gearbox is still good. Nothing wrong with the regular version 3 gearbox.

#6 Kevin23

Kevin23

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Thanks Greatwatermelon. You've been very helpful to me. I recently got prob one of te best deals for a kwa g36c recently. It has a custom stock, custom front with a lot more rail space and a whole lot of extra stuff and the stock stuff.

It also came with a matrix 6.03m tightbore barrel and I'm no sure if I should install it. Would that be better or worse than what's in it now?

#7 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

Your welcomes!  :thumbsup: It does sound like you scored a nice custom KWA.

As for installing the tightbore, I'm not sure if the KWA G36C comes with a japanese made tightbore barrel like the SR series does, because if the G36C did come with the same japanese made barrel, the matrix tbb would definitely be a downgrade.

I would say, don't bother installing the matrix tbb, as I doubt it's compatibility with KWA hop ups. I tried installing one on my friend's KWA and it didn't fit properly in the hop up, and the matrix tbb wobbled inside the outer barrel.

A really nice tightbore to invest in would be the Edgi tightbore barrel that the KWA proshop stocks (http://store.kwausa....l395mm-1-1.aspx). If you decide to install precision parts like such, make sure you pick up some KSC bb's. Many stores and people will like to debate what are high quality bb's from their experience or expertise; however, nothing will work better (safest as well) in a KWA than what KWA makes themselves, which are KSC bb's.

Also, be sure to clean your inner barrel. Here's a guide on How To Clean Your Kwa IB, Hop Up, And Bucking.

#8 Kevin23

Kevin23

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

Would it be better to sell to my brother for cheap to put Ito his g&g ebb m4? I mean I got the barrel for free haha. Imma post pictures of my g36 (c or k or whatever haha).

I also need to get a new [barrel extension] for it. He has. 30mm x 300mm [barrel extension] on it to make it look cooler and pass the custom front. He did like an indent in it and then it broke on the indent dremal line. Any suggestions? I could replace it exactly. It's a deepfire surpressor. Costs like $30 at airsplat which isn't to bad I guess. I think a tracer unit would be awesome. Who wouldn't?

I would eventually like to spend some more money and put a 6.01mm tightbore in my kwa sr12 and either a 6.01 or 6.03mm in the g36. But I'm not sure which would be better for this gun. And again thanks for all the help. Ur really nice =)

#9 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

View PostKevin23, on 17 August 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

Would it be better to sell to my brother for cheap to put Ito his g&g ebb m4? I mean I got the barrel for free haha. Imma post pictures of my g36 (c or k or whatever haha).

I also need to get a new [barrel extension] for it. He has. 30mm x 300mm [barrel extension] on it to make it look cooler and pass the custom front. He did like an indent in it and then it broke on the indent dremal line. Any suggestions? I could replace it exactly. It's a deepfire surpressor. Costs like $30 at airsplat which isn't to bad I guess. I think a tracer unit would be awesome. Who wouldn't?

I would eventually like to spend some more money and put a 6.01mm tightbore in my kwa sr12 and either a 6.01 or 6.03mm in the g36. But I'm not sure which would be better for this gun. And again thanks for all the help. Ur really nice =)

I'm not sure if the tightbore is of good quality to begin with. I guess it wouldn't hurt to install it into the G&G m4 ebb, and see if it performs any better, as I'm not too familiar with the G&G platform.

Not understanding what you are explaining for the barrel extension, you're going to have to explain again.

As for either a 6.01 or 6.03, it depends on what your style of play is. If you are the person that unloads ammo like it's candy, or tends to get much dirt over your gun, a 6.01mm wouldn't be a good idea, as it may jam and cause a mechanical failure of your gearbox. A 6.03mm tightbore is far more forgiving.

However if you do conserve ammo, and take shots when it's only needed, keep out of the dirt, and use quality bb's like KSC, then a 6.01mm may very well benefit you, in terms of accuracy and range.

#10 Kevin23

Kevin23

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

It javelin m4 ebb. Hm I thought I was g&g. And it's that I my suppressor broke and I need to replace it. And thanks for al the help. I'm leaning towards a 6.03. This will be my medium range weapon and my sr12 will be long with 6.01. My g36 will prob shoot a lot more.

#11 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

Your welcomes! Hope it works out for you, if you have any more questions, feel free to post about it.

#12 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 16 August 2011 - 11:24 AM, said:

I believe though, there can mix up with KWAs from overseas?

If you purchase a KWA G36C 2GX from a KWA authorized dealer in the United States, it will have H&K trademarks. The fact that you purchased from an authorized dealer in the US and that the G36C has trademarks on it, is a clear indicator that you purchased the 2GX version.

As for taking it apart and comparing it to the first gen. The KWA G36C will have all 9mm ball bearing bushings, 2GX hop up bucking and a 2GX version 3 gearbox. The 2GX version 3 gearbox is far beefier than even the regular version 3 gearbox. That is the clear differences I can remember off the top of my head.

If you are lucky, you may find the newest generation of KWA balanced gears that have been appearing in some batches of KWA G36C 2GX. Posted Image

Old 1st generation gearbox was silver
newer pre 2gx gearbox was black but had 9mm bearings on the sector and 8mm bearings on the spur and bevel.
2gx gearbox is black with all 9mm bearings.

#13 SharkDude

SharkDude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Love summer, sports, games, movies and nature.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Operators manual MMD15_G36C V01 R2011.08.22

Thats second gen right? Got serial number on the side of the gun.

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostSharkDude, on 06 May 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Operators manual MMD15_G36C V01 R2011.08.22

Thats second gen right? Got serial number on the side of the gun.
Serial # = second generation.  You are all good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users