• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 QXJp00

QXJp00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hello!  I purchased a G36C while I was out of my home state for a while, and had it shipped to my temporary location on the east coast.  I tried it out and it worked great.  Chronoed at 411 according to ASGI, and around 400ish for me when I got it using .20g KSC BBs (can't remember exactly, but it wasn't quite as high as GI's chrono reading on the slip enclosed in the package, nor was it as low as 400).  When I was heading back home out west, I packaged it up EXACTLY like it was when it arrived.  However, when it arrived today I went to go ahead and see if everything was as good as it was when I first got it on July 19th.  First off, the large screw in the bottom of the pistol grip was completely OUT and laying in the box somewhere.  After screwing that back in, I decided to chrono it.  It now chronos at 346 average with .20g KSC BBs.  I have no idea what could have went wrong during shipping to make it perform not as well.  Also, just to make sure my chrono was working and wasn't out of whack, I re-chronoed my KM4 RIS that I left home, and it was EXACTLY where it was every other time I chrono it, so I know the chrono didn't go funky.  Is there anything I could do to maybe get this thing back to where it is? I LOVE KWA but this is the second time a KWA gun has went goofy on me in about a month or so, lol.  (The first being a broken breech on my M9 PTP)  Not at all suggesting KWA products are manufactured poorly, just that I seem to have some bad luck (I treat them good, too! hah).

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Did you make sure you decompressed the spring after each use? You probably left the spring decompressed before you shipped it, and that's what resulted in an fps drop.

The screw that came out of the bottom of the pistol grip, is used to secure the gearbox into place. The screw does not affect the fps.

The other possibilities of a fps drop, is either you chronoed with the hop up on, or your barrel is dirty. However, you most likely left the spring decompressed.

#3 QXJp00

QXJp00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

I always dry fire 5 or so times on semi before I stop use and store it. Learned that lesson months ago.

#4 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Same, I dry fire in semi 3-5 times

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

As the almighty the Great Watermelon has stated, the spring was not decompressed while in storage and in transit.  Or someone has messed with it. More than likely though it's the spring.  Maybe your motor over-cycles a little and even if you dry fired it before storage the spring was still compressed.  Test this theory by exposing the GB and blank fire a few times to see if the piston resets each time.

#6 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Pretty much what Niko said. I thought dry firing was enough to decompress the spring. However it isn't, as many aegs springs can end up in the compressed position even after firing semi auto. You can verify it by splitting receiver to see if the piston doesn't remain forward all the time after each shot. Personally, I found that out the hard way when I lost 60-70 fps in my sr10.  

I recommend you clean your inner barrel first before confirming that it was your spring that was left compressed. After that, you can progress to replacing the spring or contacting Kwa for some sort of resolution. I recently receieved my sr7 and sr10 back from Kwa and found that they did something magical to my gearbox so that the piston remains forward and spring decompressed after each shot in semi auto.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 06 August 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

Pretty much what Niko said. I thought dry firing was enough to decompress the spring. However it isn't, as many aegs springs can end up in the compressed position even after firing semi auto. You can verify it by splitting receiver to see if the piston doesn't remain forward all the time after each shot. Personally, I found that out the hard way when I lost 60-70 fps in my sr10.  

I recommend you clean your inner barrel first before confirming that it was your spring that was left compressed. After that, you can progress to replacing the spring or contacting Kwa for some sort of resolution. I recently receieved my sr7 and sr10 back from Kwa and found that they did something magical to my gearbox so that the piston remains forward and spring decompressed after each shot in semi auto.
They must have performed an exorcism.   :thumbsup:

#8 never_again

never_again

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users