• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HeadTater

HeadTater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

I recently purchased a KWA 1911 Mk IV from Airsoft Armada. I fill the magazine with green gas as instructed in the instruction. I make sure the magazine is full of bbs (as instructed) and the spring is released. It is feeding bbs into the gun yet it seems as though gas is not released. I rack the slide and I can see a bb entering the chamber but it does not fire (I do make sure to clear the gun of any extra bbs when attempting to fire again). I have checked and the magazines doe seem to have plenty of gas in them.

If it were a real firearm, I would suspect a damaged firing pin. Thanks for helping a frustrated noob.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Pull back the hammer and look to see if the firing pin is in place, part# 60.

#3 HeadTater

HeadTater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

I checked. Pulled the hammer back and the firing pin was in place.

#4 HeadTater

HeadTater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

A little more info:

I checked (not that I ever suspected it) but the barrel is not blocked. I pulled the slide back, locked it and used a flashlight to take a look at the innards and, to my untrained eye, they seem fine.

Also, I did manage to get it to fire a few times. however, I would get two or three rounds off after I chambered a bb, tried to fire, emptied it and chambered another about a half dozen times. It would only fire a couple times (as I just mentioned) and then cease functioning (leaving a few bbs in the magazine). When it did fire, it seemed a little weak (lacking the ability to consistently go through cardboard) and inaccurate.

#5 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

Not sure what is going on with it, but our Service Center does repairs if you would like to send it in for a diagnosis/repair. Hop on our Help Desk at the link above to set up a repair ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users