4 replies to this topic

#1 sepn9ne

sepn9ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

I done goofed.
I decided to try disassembling my kG36C. I did, and reassembled it. But now when I try to fire the gun no BB's leave the barrel. It sounds as if the gun is cycling properly, but no BB's are being ejected. I'm sure that it's not the mag.
I did not take apart the gearbox or the hop-up, all I did was separate the pistol grip and gas-tube area from the main body.

Also after I finished reassembling, I noticed a small rectangular piece of broken off plastic. I'm not entirely sure it's from my gun, but it more than likely is. Here's a picture.

Posted Image

Any suggestions on what I should do will help. Even if I have to pay to get the gun repaired or some parts replaced.

P.S. I also stripped the frame locking pin, which made me unable to put it back in. I don't see how that would affect my gun's firing, but I thought it was worth noting. I already purchased a replacement.

Thanks for helping the nub.

Edited by sepn9ne, 04 August 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#2 WhiteWhale

WhiteWhale

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, real steel, photoshop, videos, gaming

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

Have you check the bb feed ramp that leads the bbs into the hop up unit?

#3 sepn9ne

sepn9ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

View PostWhiteWhale, on 04 August 2011 - 03:21 AM, said:

Have you check the bb feed ramp that leads the bbs into the hop up unit?

Is that the part connected to magazine well? If so then yes, I just did.
I believe the magazine well just isn't aligned properly without the pin. When I load a BB straight into the hop up it fires, and if I move the magazine upwards while it's in the gun it fires, although inconsistently. So as far as that goes I'm just going to wait until I get the new pin.

But now I have a new problem... the FPS of my gun dropped considerably. I don't have  chrono so I can't tell exactly how much, but it's definitely low. I'd guess around 200 FPS. It also broke a BB, I'm using Javelin .23's and I haven't had a problem with them prior to taking apart my gun. I think I'm just going to take it to my local shop. But if anyone could tell me what that broken off piece I posted above is I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: I was able to fix the gun, the FPS seems much better and it's not breaking any more BB's. I still would like to know what that piece is though if anyone knows, haha... And also to any KWA tech, how long can I expect the shipping of the pin I purchased to take? I didn't see that info anywhere when I ordered.

Edited by sepn9ne, 04 August 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

View Postsepn9ne, on 04 August 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

And also to any KWA tech, how long can I expect the shipping of the pin I purchased to take? I didn't see that info anywhere when I ordered.

When I order something from the proshop it gets to me in 3 business days and I am all the way over in GA.  

And I have no idea what that broken piece is from.  Difficult to make out from the poor image. Sorry.............

BTW how did you fix your problem?

#5 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

That almost looks like the small piece that is used in the hop up unit that goes in the wheel channel...if that makes any sense? Is your hop up working properly? It's hard to tell exactly from your pic since it's a bit blurry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users