• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 furcifer916

furcifer916

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I was wondering if there is anyway to lower the fps on my m9 PTP it is averaging above 360fps and my local field is restricting pistols to 335fps any hints or tips besides using a different type of gas.

#2 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

View Postfurcifer916, on 01 August 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

I was wondering if there is anyway to lower the fps on my m9 PTP it is averaging above 360fps and my local field is restricting pistols to 335fps any hints or tips besides using a different type of gas.

I am also searching for a way to fix this "problem".  I called my local airsoft shop and they told me that there was three solutions(well, really 2 IMO!)

1.  Change over to duster gas, which my local field chrono's using green gas, so that's out for me.
2.  Cut down the barrel, which I've read here not to do.
3.  As cooler weather comes, it will shoot slower and should chrono under 350....which does not really solve the problem long term.

I did call KWA and they directed me to this site.  My local shop did say that they were working on a solution, but nothing concrete yet.
Scott

Edited by SLS, 05 August 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

I'm not sure if the Dangerwerx Flute Valve can replace the rocket valve in the M9, but if it can, it will reduce the velocity below your fps limits.

#4 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 05 August 2011 - 01:04 PM, said:

I'm not sure if the Dangerwerx Flute Valve can replace the rocket valve in the M9, but if it can, it will reduce the velocity below your fps limits.

OK, so I took a look at the manuals for the M9 & MP9.  The valves or "jet nozzle" in both the M9 & the MP9 (KWA Part # 313 for the M9 & Part # 131 for the MP9) appear to be the same however, they do have different part numbers 199-0001 for the M9 and 199-0114 for the MP9.  FWIW, the valve for the MP7 has a different part number as well 199-0111, so are these the same part?  I know the Danger werx valve will work in the MP9 & MP7, so is it safe to assume that this will also fit in the M9 and reduce the FPS?

Edited by SLS, 06 August 2011 - 11:06 AM.

#5 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:19 AM

View PostSLS, on 06 August 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

OK, so I took a look at the manuals for the M9 & MP9.  The valves or "jet nozzle" in both the M9 & the MP9 (KWA Part # 313 for the M9 & Part # 131 for the MP9) appear to be the same however, they do have different part numbers 199-0001 for the M9 and 199-0114 for the MP9.  FWIW, the valve for the MP7 has a different part number as well 199-0111, so are these the same part?  I know the Danger werx valve will work in the MP9 & MP7, so is it safe to assume that this will also fit in the M9 and reduce the FPS?

I'm not sure if the jet valves are the same or not in the m9, mp9 and mp7. Perhaps it doesn't matter, as the sizing may be similar enough. Someone else will have to chime in on the difference between the KWA valves in pistols and SMGs. However, I can say that I have seen a buddy of mine drop the Dangerwerx valve into his Raffica M93R, reducing the fps from the high 300s to below 350 fps.

I can't guarantee that the Dangerwerx valve will fit or function properly in your m9, as no one has seem to done it yet, and is not an aftermarket product that KWA will test, since the aftermarket valve is not made by KWA nor is it endorsed by KWA.

Either someone else will have to chime in, or else you may have to find out yourself.

#6 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 07 August 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

I can say that I have seen a buddy of mine drop the Dangerwerx valve into his Raffica M93R, reducing the fps from the high 300s to below 350 fps.

Thanks, that is encouraging to hear.  :thumbsup:  As I read to do in another post, I have emailed the Pro Shop and I hope to hear back from them with an answer.  If they can not help, I may have no other choice than to try the Danger Werx valve....$18 for a part is much less than starting over!  Trust me, if it works, I will post my results here.  Now it's off to learn how to disassemble my M9 AND get it back together again, which may be easy for some...but not a newbie like me!
Scott

Edited by SLS, 07 August 2011 - 06:59 AM.

#7 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

The jet nozzles (valves) are the same in all NS2 pistols and SMG's, except for the M11A1.

#8 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

Thanks...that is what I was hoping to hear!  :dance:  I will be ordering the parts and will post the before and after results here.

#9 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

The results are in!  I just replaced the "Jet Nozzle" in both my M9 PTP & M9 PTP Tactical with the Dangerwerx Flute Valve.  Before both pistols were consistently shooting in the 360's with .20 gram bb's.  With the new valve, both pistols are shooting in the 310's.  Hope this helps.  
Note:  The Flute Valve is not a KWA product and will void the warranty on your gun.  In addition, I am not sure of any long term effects this may have on performance...hopefully none!

Edit:  I also wanted to thank those gave me the advice to try this, otherwise I would not be able to used my pistols at my local field :clap: .

Scott

Edited by SLS, 26 August 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#10 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

You're very welcome, I'm glad everything worked out great for you! Also, thank you very much for posting the results on here. :)

#11 PIstol Pete

PIstol Pete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

First I want to thank you all for the advice on this board. I am a minimal poster but thought a post was well warranted in this case. My test was conducted with .28s because that’s all I had but I think it will show the outcome. My KWA PTP Tact M9 was shooting an average of 349 FPS. with .28 ammo. This is way too hot to play at my field that is 350 with .20 ammo average max. I replaced the Jet Nozzle with the Danger werx valve I picked up online from this discussion (PM me if you want site and part number I'm not advertising) and am now shooting 284 Average with .28 ammo. I used the link below to disassemble my M9 and felt I would post it to help others who need assistance with the disassembly.

As stated above I can't guarantee that the Danger werx valve will fit or function properly in your m9 or will not cause any long term damage and most likely will void warranty (If Any) BUT, this did work for me

Thanks to all of you who made my $170.00 paper weight now a serious addition in my arsenal at the CQB field. I am very grateful. I LOVE This Pistol.

Thank You,
Pistol Pete.

Edited by PIstol Pete, 09 August 2012 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users