8 replies to this topic

#1 Syonix

Syonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

Hey guys ..

My M4A1 Tactical suddenly died on me today .. I've checked the fuse and it looks fine, I have tried my each of my 3 batteries with no success. and yes they are charged..
I have [2] nimh 8.4v 1500mah and [1] lipo 11.1 1200mah batteries, all fully charged.

There is no jam, and it sounds like there is absolutely no life in the unit when i pull the trigger.

I am not sure what the next step is in getting this fixed.. any ideas?

It seems like an electrical problem.. or a connection not happening..
It was in semi-auto and i was babying it when it stopped..

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

Unfortunately, that's not enough information to diagnose the problem.   I suggest you send the gun back to our service center to take a look.

#3 DCF

DCF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

If you are willing to check the gun yourself first, then I suggest take off the motor heat sink under the pistol grip using a philips screwdriver and check the connectors to the motor. One of the connector might be disconnected.

#4 Syonix

Syonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

View PostDCF, on Jan 30 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

If you are willing to check the gun yourself first, then I suggest take off the motor heat sink under the pistol grip using a philips screwdriver and check the connectors to the motor. One of the connector might be disconnected.

I have taken out the motor and double checked all the connections. I also tested the motor on a battery and shes working great.

I have read all over the forums and i have to wonder if its not the trigger mechanism..
      What i do know is what it is not ..
      1. not the batteries or connections,
      2. not the fuse
      3. not the motor..

any further things i can try.
      I do not use this unit very often and never in a skirmish. I always treat it as if it were a real firearm and I have babied it the whole way.
      It was colder than normal on the day I used it where it broke, probably 35-36degrees and i had only fired 40-50 shots out of it in semiauto before it just stopped.
      I found a tiny piece of plastic the size of a pinhead by the hopup when i just took the pin out and popped the top open. It doesn't appear to be coming from anything visible but it must be a sign. i can take a picture or video if it helps.

#5 DCF

DCF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

When you can hear a click or some sounds, then its most likely a mechanical problem. You said that there is no sound at all, so that's why I suspect it is an electrical problem. Have you check the selector plate too? That is the only thing that I can think of that is plastic and part of the electrical component around the hop up area.

#6 Syonix

Syonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

Correct I have no sound, no clicks or any sign that life is in the replica..
I need to study more about the gun I'm not familiar with the sector plate and how it works. Can someone point me to some reading on the topic. I am able to pick things up quickly..
Thanks for all your help.

#7 Syonix

Syonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

View PostSyonix, on Jan 30 2009, 07:56 AM, said:

Correct I have no sound, no clicks or any sign that life is in the replica..
I need to study more about the gun I'm not familiar with the sector plate and how it works. Can someone point me to some reading on the topic. I am able to pick things up quickly..
Thanks for all your help.

One other thing to note, there is still tension on the trigger...

Maybe the cold, or the lipo battery fried the wiring? The motor is solid still..

I think its time to send her in for service .. sigh .. better than buying a new one.. that's what i get for getting a used gun off craigslist..

#8 DCF

DCF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Your best bet is to have someone take a look at or send it back to KWA.

Have you try pulling out the motor and pull the trigger with battery connects to the gun, and see if the motor spins? If it does, then there is a chance that a electrical connection disconnect after you assemble the gun.

#9 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

Check the Tamiya plug on your battery and gun.  Sometimes those can get loose inside the plastic housing so it might not be making contact; I switch those out with Deans Ultra Plugs anyway to eliminate that problem.  

If you open up the gearbox, you should check the trigger switch to see if the soldering points broke (doubt it).  There's also a connection between the battery housing and the body that might have gotten disconnected.

Basically, check all points where wires are connected by a plug of some type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users