• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aresfanboi778

aresfanboi778

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

I have had problems non stop from my bolt not returning to batter, upon simple inspection upon the gun, I realized it was the cylinder springs. So next day I made a purchase off KWAs proshop with the intent of buying a pair off those springs, and I was lucky enough to have the foresight of buying 2 pairs. So I recieved them in the mail, threw them in my gun, and they were trashed in 3 mags. Being incredibly pissed, I went through a 100% inspection of my gun to find the culprit. the spring connected to the bolt catch, I removed the entire spring, and guess what, the bolt always returned to battery, but the bolt wouldn't catch. So I modified the spring to increase length and decrease tension. And now, my guns bolt always returns to battery, and always catches. I dont even use the cylinder springs in my gun and it runs just fine. I would love to have a 3rd party confirm this, and if this solves the problem.

Heres the pic to the spring.
http://www.kwausa.co...t&attach_id=551

Theres very little tension in my spring, even would I push the bolt all the way forward.

#2 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

I did the same thing, I stick a flat tip screw driver in there and stretch that spring a bit on every gun I work on.  The spring needs to be in there and working for semi auto to function properly, but it does not need allot of tension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users