• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jakedelsolsi

jakedelsolsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:48 AM

I am trying to install the pin with a slot milled out and the take-down clamp. When the barrel assembly is inside the flash hider I am unable to get the pin to go down far enough to allow the take down clamp to slide past it.

The barrel is installed correctly since the lug on the rear slides into the loading ramp perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

Are you talking about parts #34 and #63?

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

First, look into the hole that the take down pin (#34) fits into and see if the bolt (#124) is properly aligned.  There is a circular indent that the pin will fit into.  Next, try rotating the pin slowly as you insert it until it seats itself.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

Yup! Had the same issue when reassembling my KMP9r for the first time. I had to take a flash light to look down that hole to realize what GCW said.

#5 jakedelsolsi

jakedelsolsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for the quick replies!

Is the indent the one that is in the bolt that contains the allen key set screw or are we talking about the flashhider assembly?

But yes, those are the parts that I am having trouble with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users