Kwa G36C 2Gx Help (Trigger Lock Randomly)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 shinji2009

shinji2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hey so i bought a HK KWA G36 2gx, and for some reason the trigger would randomly lock up. i would have to switch the gun to full auto shoot it then switch it back to semi and it works. what could be the problem, could the gun be defective or would it just take some tweaking. i just bought the gun less then a week ago so im sure i still have warranty. i was also wondering what type of battery do you guys recommend, i have a 8.4 1600 mah mini right now but im looking for an extra battery, everybody at my local games swear by lipo but i only shoot semi auto so im not worried about RoF too much.

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

View Postshinji2009, on 16 July 2011 - 02:04 PM, said:

Hey so i bought a HK KWA G36 2gx, and for some reason the trigger would randomly lock up. i would have to switch the gun to full auto shoot it then switch it back to semi and it works. what could be the problem, could the gun be defective or would it just take some tweaking. i just bought the gun less then a week ago so im sure i still have warranty. i was also wondering what type of battery do you guys recommend, i have a 8.4 1600 mah mini right now but im looking for an extra battery, everybody at my local games swear by lipo but i only shoot semi auto so im not worried about RoF too much.

I've used 7.4v lipos that were just as slow as a 8.4v. You're gearbox should not be locking up unless perhaps your battery is dieing out. You may want to try a higher quality or higher voltage battery and see if you have the same problems on semi before coming to any other conclusions.

#3 shinji2009

shinji2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

ok its not locking up exactly it just wont fire sometimes. when im in the middle of a game i will shoot semi then it just stops i pull trigger and does nothing, so i switch it to full auto then back to semi and it works again.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Then maybe the spring that located between the selector plate and cut off lever needs a little stretching.

#5 shinji2009

shinji2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

ok well i just bought the gun and i dont wanna open it up, should i send it to kwa to get fixed? how long does it usually take?

Edited by shinji2009, 18 July 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

Yeas. That would be the best course of action. Let the experts fix it for you. And it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks.

#7 shinji2009

shinji2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

wow well that sucks i JUST got the gun less then a week ago and now i have to wait 2-4 weeks for repairs already...sigh ohh well

#8 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Does full auto ever, hicup as well? Like not fire sometimes?

In terms of having to get something repaired only a week after you purchased it, I totally feel ya on that. I can't tell you how many of my guns I break... the instant I touch them.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 19 July 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

Does full auto ever, hicup as well? Like not fire sometimes?

In terms of having to get something repaired only a week after you purchased it, I totally feel ya on that. I can't tell you how many of my guns I break... the instant I touch them.
You have the magic touch!  :whistle:

#10 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

are you noticing the selector switch is moved off the semi position when it stop firing?  Is this only happen in Semi?

#11 mirage20059

mirage20059

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

I had a similar issue when I first got my G36C.  Every so often when switching from full auto to semi the gun would not fire on semi..  As suggested by the manual switching to full auto back to semi should correct the issue.  

I believe the gun just needs some break in time.  I almost never have this issue anymore.

#12 STuRTzz

STuRTzz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

i got my g36c two days ago. same problem but you just have to switch it tp auto and back to semi. i think the gun just needs to be broken into

#13 Butters

Butters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Mine sounds like it is doing close to the same thing, except I just move the selector switch a bit (doesn't line up 100% with the mark for semi) but not far off and it will engage it on semi. I just listen for the click instead of looking at the diagram on the side of the gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users