• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Penspinning
    Eskrima
    BMX
    Girls :D
    Airsoft duh.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

Ever since i got the gun the Upper receiver had been not been fully attached to the lower receiver no matter how hard i tightened the Take-Down Pin Screw. And i finally found the solution  :thumbsup:

**I have the KMP9r, therefore i do not know how to fix the problem for the KMP9 versions.... Sorry

PROBLEM  

Notice how there is the gap between the two receivers. This is cause by a loose Muzzle Base Clamp Screw  (#175), which allows the Muzzle Base Clamp (#16) and the bolt assembly to jiggle, and that is why the Upper receiver will be loose.

Posted Image

Solution  

First follow Dobey's Tear Down Guide

But you only need to go up to removing the Bolt Assembly from the body or STOP at picture 13.

This is the Muzzle Base Clamp (#16) which holds the Bolt Assembly in place. The Take-Down Pin Screw goes through the Upper Receiver and screws into part of the Bolt Assembly. If the Base Clamp is loose, it will affect the upper, and the whole bolt assembly

Posted Image

You need to remove the two screws which hold the bottom rail in place. I believe you need a 3mm hex / allen screw, but I used a ruler to check. You'll notice that one screw is covered by the Trigger Spring (#73). Simply use screw drivers, or a pair of needle nose to take it off.

Posted Image

No turn the ground upside down to see a small plastic square.

Posted Image

Pick the gun up and slap the square in your hand (you don't need to do it hard at all). Removing this, will reveal a screw. Tighten this and and the problem is fixed.

Posted Image

Now once put back together with the Take Down Screw fully tightened you notice how much better and more solid your gun seems.

Posted Image

:hithearts:Posted Image

Edited by RaedenGuenther-Palileo, 14 July 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for posting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users