• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Godfather68

Godfather68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

My mp9 is about a month old.  It has probably fired about 1000rds.  It started to exhibit a problem whereby it seems to fire 5 or more bbs at a time.  After this happened for a week or so I sent gun back to my dealer who says it was stripped down and apart from a little dirt a some bb fragments they found the gun to be in good order.  The have advised me to stop using green gas and to swap to 134a, despite what the kwa site and guide says.  

The gun is back and I have tried both Green gas and 134a and other than a difference in fps there is no difference.  The problem is still there and I have no idea what to do next.

Anybody got any ideas?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

Sure, is the hop-up turned all the way up and have you used any spray silicone in the barrel or on the bucking?

#3 Godfather68

Godfather68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

View Postgcw360, on 11 July 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

Sure, is the hop-up turned all the way up and have you used any spray silicone in the barrel or on the bucking?

Have tried hop at both ends of adjustment and does not seem to make any difference, but I will try again.

No I have not put any spray in it since it has been back from the shop, that said, I did see the guy at the shop spray lube quite generously all around the bolt and barrel when I took it in first time.

I have read other posts about the bucking swelling, how can I check if that is the case and if I wanted to replace it, is it easy to find?  I am in the UK.

Thanks.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:50 AM

Do you have another magazine?
And if it has silicone spray all over the gun, I suggest tearing it down as shown in guide and clean everything off then relube lightly with Silicone OIL. And if you can, try to get another bucking since there is a good chance that the one you have may be damaged now with all the silicone spray.

#5 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Like Niko has said, you might have a damaged hop up bucking.  A multishot issue is usually when the bucking is damaged and the bb's are backed up in the barrel, giving you the shotgun effect.

#6 Godfather68

Godfather68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 12 July 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

Do you have another magazine?
And if it has silicone spray all over the gun, I suggest tearing it down as shown in guide and clean everything off then relube lightly with Silicone OIL. And if you can, try to get another bucking since there is a good chance that the one you have may be damaged now with all the silicone spray.
Thanks for that, Since coming back from the shop it seems to have been stripped and lubed properly so I am guessing that changing the bucking would be a good next step.

I have looked on line and don't see anything obvious here in the uk.  Anybody able to point me at a part number or better still does anybody know who imports KWA spares into the uk?

Thanks for your advice all.

#7 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Godfather68 you can call KWA during the operating hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm standard pacific time.  KWA will ship spare parts to the UK, however like I said, all international orders have to to be made through the phone with a valid credit card.  The number to call is 1.626.581.1777

#8 Godfather68

Godfather68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

Quick update, contacted KWA in the uk who pointed me at airsoftworld.net, apparently the hop rubber and ball are a standard part and was with me next day.  Followed the strip down guide on here and within 30 mins had swapped the hop rubber and ball and had gun back together.  Now all working as it should.  Many thanks to you all for the guidance and help.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Awesome! :thumbsup:

#10 Godfather68

Godfather68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

Quick update 3 months later and many 1000s of bbs later, no more issues! Just being very careful where I put silicon for now on!

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Good to hear. :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users