#81 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

View PostDRK, on 11 November 2011 - 07:34 PM, said:

between this and the AK line. i hope all of you got a couple grand stashed some where when these drop.

;) Looks like someone's already set.

#82 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:GEAR

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostGrindstone, on 15 November 2011 - 09:12 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that they said it will be using the same magazines a while back. I highly doubt they'll design brand new proprietary magazines just for the Kriss when they've already used the legacy M series mags in the ATP and FPG.
This depends on how accurate of a replica they want to make (and it seems like they want it to be as close as possible).  The Vector uses .45 caliber Glock 21 magazines, the current ATP/Glock magazines available are for 9mm Glocks like the M17.  The FPG uses these magazines because its base is a Glock 17 or 18 (like the real thing).  I don't think it would be unlikely that they'd use different magazines.  And before anyone says "well there's no difference," G21 mags are obviously bigger, and if the gun is built to specs, the standard M17 magazines would be too small.  That, and the extended magazines for the Vector look different than the already existing extended magazines KWA produces:

Posted Image

I, for one, hope they make some proprietary magazines where the BBs are not exposed to the elements on the front, both for realism and practicality purposes.  My MP9 mags get dirt in them quite frequently...

#83 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

I wish I had a link to the post, but I'm pretty sure it was directly from Allizard. Anyway, IIRC he said they would be using the "incorrect" 9mm-style mags of the ATP/M17/M18/FPG because they are already produced in mass quantity, readily available, and makes swapping platforms that much easier for the end user.

I wish all KWA mags didn't expose the BBs in the track to the elements. The only KWA mag I've ever seen with an enclosed track was an old CZ75.

#84 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

View PostLizzard, on 15 November 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

I, for one, hope they make some proprietary magazines where the BBs are not exposed to the elements on the front, both for realism and practicality purposes.  My MP9 mags get dirt in them quite frequently...
I would agree that it will definitely add realism to the whole setup but keep in mind that these have double stack bb configuration so you will actually have to see how you are loading the bb's in the mag.

#85 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 16 November 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

I would agree that it will definitely add realism to the whole setup but keep in mind that these have double stack bb configuration so you will actually have to see how you are loading the bb's in the mag.
It doesn't really matter if you mess up the double stacking in a couple places.  For those of us that actually use these things on the field, having a closed BB track would be better than being able to tell if your BBs are perfectly stacked.

Don't GBBR magazines double-stack?

#86 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostLizzard, on 16 November 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

I could be wrong but since you will need a bb loader I would think it's a single stack 30 rnd mags.

#87 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

That's what I'm thinking too.

#88 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

I may be wrong, but if you look at the loading ramp of the magazine to the LM4, it does have an elevated curve- which leads me to believe it's double stack. The prototype holds 41 rounds- and if what allizard says becomes truth in January when we finally get these things, he says (this isn't final but:) the magazines are going to hold 40 rounds, then we should expect to see the mag double stacked.

I prefer seeing the bbs open. I don't care about that part of realism seeing the bbs. It's helpful because you get to lock the follower down, and load em by hand, and you get to see how many rounds you got on the fly. Yeah, they may get dirty- but that just means you gotta clean your magazines, just like any other piece of hardware.

#89 Oceanpelt

Oceanpelt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

If the mags are closed, the cover might take up space on the front, resulting in maybe a lower gas capacity. And you wouldn't be able to track your bbs.

If kwa were to make their long mags closed, maybe they should do it like the real extended mag: open at the top and closed at the bottom.

#90 Oceanpelt

Oceanpelt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

It would be cool, though, if this happened.
Posted Image

You should know that it is FAKE. I created it. no trolling

#91 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostLizzard, on 16 November 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Yes, at least my WA M4 mags do.  Cant wait to get my hands on the KWA M4 GBBR!

Posted Image

#92 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

View Postdobey, on 17 November 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Yes, at least my WA M4 mags do.  Cant wait to get my hands on the KWA M4 GBBR!

Posted Image
Cough cough, told you!! LOL jk. Nice gbbr dobey!!

#93 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 16 November 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

I could be wrong but since you will need a bb loader I would think it's a single stack 30 rnd mags.
I mean the already existing GBBR magazines, like WE Tech and WA style.

View PostOutlaw1995, on 16 November 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

I may be wrong, but if you look at the loading ramp of the magazine to the LM4, it does have an elevated curve- which leads me to believe it's double stack. The prototype holds 41 rounds- and if what allizard says becomes truth in January when we finally get these things, he says (this isn't final but:) the magazines are going to hold 40 rounds, then we should expect to see the mag double stacked.

I prefer seeing the bbs open. I don't care about that part of realism seeing the bbs. It's helpful because you get to lock the follower down, and load em by hand, and you get to see how many rounds you got on the fly. Yeah, they may get dirty- but that just means you gotta clean your magazines, just like any other piece of hardware.
The reason I want BBs hidden is not for realism, it is so that dirt does not get inside as I am playing.  This happens quite frequently on my MP9, and as nice as that gun is, it isn't worth a damn if it just dry fires because the follower/BBs are stuck.  This isn't about cleaning it over time, it's about them getting dirty from getting on the dirt within ten minutes of playing.  I don't plan on carrying a cleaning kit and taking apart my magazine to clean out the dirt mid-game...

View PostOceanpelt, on 17 November 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

If the mags are closed, the cover might take up space on the front, resulting in maybe a lower gas capacity. And you wouldn't be able to track your bbs.

If kwa were to make their long mags closed, maybe they should do it like the real extended mag: open at the top and closed at the bottom.
I don't see how the gas capacity would be lower if the front was closed.  It would be the same thickness... just look at WA AR mags.

#94 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

You've got a point there Lizzard. If you're concerned about your bbs getting dirty and don't care to see the bbs, clean the mag, then apply one line of black duct tape to the front. That will block the dirt, and make the mag more realistic!! Haha

#95 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

BB's might stick to the tape?

#96 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Then take a piece of tape, and stick the sticky part onto another sticky side of tape.
That is how it works.

#ThinkingOutsideTheBox

lol

#97 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

I'd prefer the front of the magazine just be closed.  Putting some tape on the front is a temporary measure at best, unless you wrap the tape completely around the whole magazine, which I'd rather not do.  I wouldn't worry about BBs sticking to it, though, since there's metal between the BBs and the tape.

#98 brentor

brentor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

KWA KRISS Vector with a PolarStar Fusion Engine. If only they were releasing a v2 gearbox AEG version as well....

#99 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

View Postbrentor, on 22 November 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

KWA KRISS Vector with a PolarStar Fusion Engine. If only they were releasing a v2 gearbox AEG version as well....
That would be interesting but not sure how a V2 would or could fit in the KRISS.  Maybe a new gearbox variation could be made?

#100 brentor

brentor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

View PostGrindstone, on 16 November 2011 - 10:44 AM, said:

I wish I had a link to the post, but I'm pretty sure it was directly from Allizard. Anyway, IIRC he said they would be using the "incorrect" 9mm-style mags of the ATP/M17/M18/FPG because they are already produced in mass quantity, readily available, and makes swapping platforms that much easier for the end user.

I wish all KWA mags didn't expose the BBs in the track to the elements. The only KWA mag I've ever seen with an enclosed track was an old CZ75.

The old M93r had mag's that didn't have the bb's exposed to the elements. That was one good gun. If only my slide was still in one piece...

Edited by brentor, 22 November 2011 - 08:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users