• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 walmark

walmark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:35 AM

Is there any way I can slow down the M9 PTP? The limit at my local airsoft CQB place is 300fps/.25 or 330fps/.20.
My M9 consistently shoots ~310-315fps with .25 and over 340fps with .20, so they don't let me play with it. Same thing with my Mark IV.

Is there any way I can adjust it so it shoots below CQB limit and I can actually use it in the games?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

you can try filling your mags only half way?

#3 walmark

walmark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

I don't think that will work since it shoots hot down to the last BB as long as the mag is at room temperature.
Plus, you are supposed to have a fully charged mag for the fps test anyway, last time they asked me to show it.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

I dont know of any aftermarket kits you can use to reduce fps on ns2 pistols. Only option left would be to cut the inner barrel shorter but i dont recommend it.

#5 mop

mop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

Filling mags only half can't work because the vapor pressure is constant (ignore temperature for now) as long as there is a liquid phase.

What you are looking for is the RA-Tech NPAS for NS2 Systems:
http://www.ratech.co...?id_product=187

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

View Postmop, on 28 July 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

Filling mags only half can't work because the vapor pressure is constant (ignore temperature for now) as long as there is a liquid phase.

What you are looking for is the RA-Tech NPAS for NS2 Systems:
http://www.ratech.co...?id_product=187
That really is neat but sticking a metal rod down the inner barrel?  I don't know about that.  :whistle:

#7 mop

mop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Yeah. Besides this. An other option could be to attach something to the back of part #55 to bring it more to the front. Because that is how the RA-Tech NPAS works.

#8 JohnSmith

JohnSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

What about using an air duster (HFC) with silicone?

#9 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

I'm going to try to replace the jet nozzle on my M9 with either an older MP7 plastic nozzle or the Danger Werx Flute Valve, I will post my results.  I'm just waiting to chrono my son's H&K USP and see where it stands and then placing my order.
Scott

#10 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

I just replaced the "Jet Nozzle" in both my M9 PTP & M9 PTP Tactical with the Dangerwerx Flute Valve.  Before both pistols were consistently shooting in the 360's with .20 gram bb's.  With the new valve, both pistols are shooting in the 310's.  Hope this helps.  
Note:  The Flute Valve is not a KWA product and will void the warranty on your gun.  In addition, I am not sure of any long term effects this may have on performance...hopefully none!
Scott

#11 walmark

walmark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

View PostSLS, on 26 August 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

I just replaced the "Jet Nozzle" in both my M9 PTP & M9 PTP Tactical with the Dangerwerx Flute Valve.  Before both pistols were consistently shooting in the 360's with .20 gram bb's.  With the new valve, both pistols are shooting in the 310's.  Hope this helps.  
Note:  The Flute Valve is not a KWA product and will void the warranty on your gun.  In addition, I am not sure of any long term effects this may have on performance...hopefully none!
Scott

Thanks for the update, SLS!

I'll definitely order one for my M9 ad install it... if it lasts that long ;-) One problem I have with my pistol is how can something that shoots that hard be so sensitive to being hit by BB's?

First, I got hit in the barrel:

Posted Image

I thought OK, it's plastic, I get it. But then, I got hit in the slide (right under safety):

Posted Image

Now that I don't get. How can a metal on an airsoft pistol be so fragile that it cracks/chips when hit by BB. And it wasn't even flying as hard as this gun can shoot (300fps max field). By now I actually believe that properly placed shot or two can break the slide in half. If that ever happens to me - I'll be sure to post some pictures.

But for now, I'll focus on the flute valve. Thanks, Scott!

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

Geez......just how close was the guy shooting at you?  I have not seen anything like that before.

#13 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

Walmark,
No problem, I'm glad that there was an easy fix!  If it makes you feel any better, my guns are fine, but I have gone through 2 tac lights in as many nights....the first time it lasted halfway through the night, the second time, it was shattered in the first round!  At $55 a pop, that gets expensive!  I've talked to other guys that have had theirs for years with no problems.  I'm aggressive in CQB situations so I guess that may be part of the issue.  Lately I found a place that has $6 lights but they are nowhere near as bright as my scorpion, but when damaged it does not hurt the pocket book as much!  If anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears! (I either mount it on my MP9 or carry it with my M9)
Scott

#14 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Walmark,
This is interesting how you brought up that the slide has a circular hole on there. I feel like shooting my slide just to see if it is the same result. =/ I have never always believed the slide on my m9 ptp is aluminum either. It seems too plasticky.

If you read my previous post, please don't try duster gas. Like @gcw360 says, duster gas is not meant to be used in kwa guns. And I didn't mean to encourage cheating. Use what the man (or lady) who chrono's your gun tells you to use.

New solution: Like others have stated, you can buy a flute valve. Or find a 'loose-bore' barrel. =D JK. In my opinion, let it be, and use it. Over time, the fps should go down just a little from normal wear and tear. But I'm glad you have fixed your issue.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 12 September 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Much better post Outlaw! :thumbsup:

#16 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

would that flute valve work on any kwa pistol, like lets say... a mark IV?

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:47 AM

Yes.

#18 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

awesome. thanks gcw!

#19 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

does the valve go into the blowback unit? just saw this install video (here) and it looks more complicated then i imagined, but if it brings a mark 4's fps down to cqb legal, i guess i couldn't complain...

#20 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

The valve goes in the cylinder assembly and while it's not the same swap the premise is similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users