• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JaxCrewMax

JaxCrewMax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

I was about to purchase a G36c and lipo, but was suggested not to run a lipo in it.  I was told there was issues with it running a lipo.  Can anyone confirm this?  I still want to get one, but do not want the risk of messing up the G36.

#2 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

I run a 11.1 1600mAh 20c in my KWA G36c all the time with no problems. The guy you talked to was an idiot.

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

The KWA G36C 2GX is Lipo Ready.

However, I do observe is that the people who do not recommend lipo's, are usually the ones who do not follow by the lipo specifications put forth by KWA, which are not to exceed 20A.

To calculate the current that the battery puts out, you take the Mah and multiply that by the C rating, and divide by 1000. (Mah*C/1000)=A

For example, the lipo that hitman has a 1600*20/1000 = 32A output which would be well above the recommended rating. However, some people do it without minding the possible wear and tear.  :rolleyes:

If you are looking to using a lipo, I recommend you look at the lipos in the KWA proshop since all the packs are within specifications.

#4 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 04 July 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

The KWA G36C 2GX is Lipo Ready.

However, I do observe is that the people who do not recommend lipo's, are usually the ones who do not follow by the lipo specifications put forth by KWA, which are not to exceed 20A.

To calculate the current that the battery puts out, you take the Mah and multiply that by the C rating, and divide by 1000. (Mah*C/1000)=A

For example, the lipo that hitman has a 1600*20/1000 = 32A output which would be well above the recommended rating. However, some people do it without minding the possible wear and tear.  :rolleyes:

If you are looking to using a lipo, I recommend you look at the lipos in the KWA proshop since all the packs are within specifications.

Bottom line...stay within specs unless you know what you are doing.

I maintenance my gun on a regular basis...which means I fully field strip it, lubricate, and apply silicon grease if needed. That is why my gun will last a long time. I won't recommend the battery I use to you but I will tell you that it doesn't add any damage to the internals at all...all of my gears are still in perfect shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users