• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spasmonaut

spasmonaut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

I'm semi-new to airsoft, as in I've been lurking around the topic for about 10 years or so and researched a variety of guns, gear, etc. but finally purchased my first gun - an MP9 - and had a question pertaining to excess gas left in the magazine.  I know that on some guns, to my knowledge, they recommend relieving excess gas from the magazine for storage, etc.  Is this is necessary, or possible, on the MP9?  I haven't found a safe means to do so without just using an object to push in on the valve to dump the gas.  I wanted to see what the community had to offer in this respect.  Oh, and I have to admit, this thing is MUCH louder than I anticipated.  I still have a ways to go on gear for being ready to take to the fields but I'm pumped to have this in my arsenal!  Thanks in advance, and have a good (SAFE) 4th of July weekend everyone.  I've no doubt that many folks will be enjoying airsoft in celebration of the holiday.  Tracers and a tracer unit would go very well with my MP9 for the festivities, but I digress...

#2 VideoOn

VideoOn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

Will you be running Propane or Green gas?

For letting the gas off, the large influx of cold gas may be detrimental to o-ring life. Honestly, load up a mag and let off a satisfying stream of mp9 death, until you run out.

For medium to long term storage, keep a bit of green in the mags to preserve o-ring life.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Ditto that...

#4 spasmonaut

spasmonaut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Running green gas and frankly don't think I'll bother with propane.  I like the idea that green gas is premixed with silicon oil to keep my gun running smooth.  I appreciate the tips - good to know as I don't have any experience yet with gas guns.  I just ordered a KWA PTP MK II 1911 today so that's on the way from Airsoftgi.com along with about $500 worth of other goodies.  I'm honestly dying to let loose with this thing but I work 2nd shift, and my places for safe/legal use are virtually non-existent at this time of the day.  I live in a large apartment and I have a feeling it's a bit loud to use indoors if I'm trying to be polite.

Any idea about how many rounds I can expect to get on a full charge in my MP9 before performance really starts to drop to relatively unusable levels?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users