#1 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

I was playing airsoft today and my gun abruptly stopped shooting so anyway I got home and field stripped it and connected my battery directly to the gearbox wire and it works...SO

I have narrowed my problem down to 3 things.

1.One of the connectors on the front battery harness (They seem fine...)
2.The Fuse (It looks fine not broke in the middle but seems to have a small dent line on one side...idk)
3.The whole harness (?)

Anyone have any insight it be great...a whole new harness is 10 bucks n proshop...like I said the fuse looks fine but I am hoping it is that because I have a game Saturday. The problem is I dont have a spare fuse around but I should be able to buy one locally. However if its the harness I want to go ahead and order that ASAP.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://store.kwausa....pbucking-1.aspx
Posted Image

Edited by Hitman07, 30 June 2011 - 11:51 PM.

#2 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

*Update*

I stopped being lazy and unscrewed the fuse mounting and put it together (bypassing use of fuse) and the gun still didnt shoot...I had one fuse placement on top of the other touching...so I guess it is the wiring harness or something since it still didnt work bypassing the fuse...

So to recap...Gun works when I attach battery to the wire connected to gearbox...however it doesnt when I connect it to the wire on the barrel assembly. Fuse looks fine...and the connectors on the barrel assembly wiring harness seem fine as where the prongs of the battery go in look tight and perfectly circle...

So with this update does anyone have any additional insight or am I stuck with buying a new wiring harness?

#3 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

Also how do you open up the barrel assembly to get the wires out? I unscrewed the 4 screws and in the diagram it looks like it just pulls out but its not coming easy...I dont want to force it...also looks like it splits apart, but I dont know where to start. Please Advise...

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

Sounds like there may be a problem with one of the Tamiya plugs.  Consider defeating them to see if the gun will work and then decide if you are replacing them, upgrading to Deans, or buy a new harness.

#5 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

View Postgcw360, on 01 July 2011 - 06:16 AM, said:

Sounds like there may be a problem with one of the Tamiya plugs.  Consider defeating them to see if the gun will work and then decide if you are replacing them, upgrading to Deans, or buy a new harness.
How do I test the plugs? Not sure I want to go to Deans because I have to replace/convert alot of stuff. I know there is a nick in one of the wires but idk. I don't think it is a short. But how would I go about checking both connectors?

I could connect the battery to one and check the other with the voltometer?

Also if I decide to replace the harness how do I get that front assembly open? (already got 4 screws unscrewed on it)

Thanks

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostHitman07, on 01 July 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

How do I test the plugs? Not sure I want to go to Deans because I have to replace/convert alot of stuff. I know there is a nick in one of the wires but idk. I don't think it is a short. But how would I go about checking both connectors?

I could connect the battery to one and check the other with the voltometer?

Also if I decide to replace the harness how do I get that front assembly open? (already got 4 screws unscrewed on it)

Thanks
Regarding the Tamiya clips, the best thing is to remove the outer plastic  pieces and push the ends together to test.  A small slotted screwdriver inserted  into the openings at the end to push down the "wings" that hold the outer pieces on in  will allow you to do that.  Then join the male and female connections  and retest the gun.  Sometimes they get to the point where the connection  is poor and the gun won't fire. Just do not let the two connectors to touch or you will short the circuit.  :gun:

#7 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Got it working...it was the positive wire...I crimped it down and pushed it up and it works now...so it was a loose connection.

Thanks GCW!

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

:thumbsup:

Tamiya clips...not my favorite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users