2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin23

Kevin23

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Ive found a "kwa g36c" on craigslist and it has I think a modded longer barrel on it. Would this increase accuracy or just not be in proportions with the cylinder? It is custom painted a woodland camo and he wants $100 (gun, red dot, and 1 mag that's it). Do all of the "kwa" g36c's have the 2GX gearbox? If you want I can post the link later.

Thank you,
Kevin

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

While all the G36C's have a V3 gearbox, only the latest one's have the kWA 2GX  (second generation) gearbox. That said, the KWA first generation gearbox for the G36 is really a good gearbox. There is no way to know how the new barrel would help the gun perform without more information.  Even a paint job done wrong can mess up a gun. Paint can get in the barrel....not good.  At $100 understand you will probably get what you pay for.  I would be ready to put money into it.  A piston, gears, and bucking is $108.00.  Labor could be $35.00 or more depending on where you have it repaired assuming it needs to be.  Now everything might be fine...but better to keep your eyes open with this kind of purchace.  :gun:

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Adding on to the longer barrel, it may increase the accuracy; however, the quality of the tightbore matters as well. A poor quality inner barrel can even be a downgrade. Like gcw, keep your eyes open on a purchase like this. It'd be even more helpful if you knew what to inspect before you go through with the transaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users