bbs flying out of "ejector port" and/or getting caught inside "ejector port".

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigmacblair

bigmacblair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

When I first got my M11A1, it cycled flawlessly.  Now about half of the (same type .2g ) bbs are being either thrown out of the ejector port or getting stuck in end of barrell or around hopper area.  I'm using excel bbs.  What started this?  How can this be corrected?
Thanks

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

is there any buildup of material inside the feed lips of your magazine?

excell bbs are pretty soft

#3 Villain

Villain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Gotta love Airsoft! Been doing it since I was 14. Been using my Mac 11 for most of those years.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Spiggy is right. First thing is check the magazine feeding lip. If the lip itself is worn down; the bb's will feed into the gun faster than it can shoot! The bb's will build up in the chamber spitting out the side.

Also check the hop up rubber. If it's worn out, it tears apart and warps causing jams.

Test the inner piston by tapping it. Make sure it pops out immediately. If it get's stuck and doesn't pop out unless you have to hit it again; that will cause jamming. (Inner piston pushes the bb's into the chamber.)

Other than that make sure everything is lubed. I've found that the bb's spitting out the side is usually caused by dirty guns or worn out magazine lips. Definitely use high grade bb's. They're only a few bucks more and prevent jamming and improve accuracy! :)

Edited by Villain, 02 February 2009 - 10:48 PM.

#4 dsdehan

dsdehan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

Yes this happening to me too. Every 15 shots it loads two and one either flies out the side or hats caught in the hop up. I have been using propane so I guess it it time to clean out the purplish gunk.

#5 Adamlxlx

Adamlxlx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

Same thing happens on my m11.  I use very high quality bb and maintain my gun religiously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users