• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hi, I've had my MP9 for little over 3 weeks, put -500 rounds through it, used only green gas, cleaned it after every use with silicon lube, and have actually come across a problem.

It is most likely something wrong with the fill valve, but I don't know what.

Problem: When I insert the green gas canister's metal nozzle (I've tried 3 and all with the same result) only a little bit of gas goes into the mag. The rest is released into the air, as if there is a serious leak, yet when I remove the nozzle it all stops. I can get half a mag after struggling with a 4x 5 or 10 second bursts of green gas. (I'm glad this stuff smells like lemons.)

I took the fill valve out, and everything looks fine. O ring is in pristine condition, lubed it up with the included silicon, and still same problem.

I've tried uploading a video but can't. Just imagine the mag filling normally with gas (Rarely) for 5 seconds and then forcing the gas back out through the fill valve.

Thanks,

-Sam

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

There are two o-rings on the fill valve.  One inside where the valve screws into the mag, and one where the nozzle is placed to fill the mag.  Is the second one in place?  What you are describing leads me to believe that it may not be.

#3 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

View Postgcw360, on 22 June 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

There are two o-rings on the fill valve.  One inside where the valve screws into the mag, and one where the nozzle is placed to fill the mag.  Is the second one in place?  What you are describing leads me to believe that it may not be.

Thanks! The 2nd Oring is missing.

I'm going to go look in the pro shop for these now.

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

I could not find it in the proshop.

I have no clue where else I'd find O rings that small. Please don't tell me I have to start buying new fill valves everytime this happens?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

View PostSquirrel, on 23 June 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

I could not find it in the proshop.

I have no clue where else I'd find O rings that small. Please don't tell me I have to start buying new fill valves everytime this happens?

These are supposed to work:
http://www.mcmaster.com

Part number: 9263K545

The o-rings are $2.94 for 25 of them!     

Also, someone posted these: http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=33981

I have not tried either but there may be someone here on the forum that's tried them.

If you end up getting either please post your results.  Thanks!

#6 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks a million, I'm going to order the McMaster O rings and I will post my results with them.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

No worries...glad to help.

#8 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

McMaster Carr only ships to companies.

After careful comparison of my 1911 and MP9 fill valve, I'm going to order the Moondog Orings from Evike.

I've been busy, but I'll order and post my results as soon as I can.

#9 VideoOn

VideoOn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostSquirrel, on 30 June 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

McMaster Carr only ships to companies.

They ship to any valid CONUS address... I have 100+ mcmaster parts bags ( clear bag with yellow block ) sitting in my room right now.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Ditto that VideoOn.

#11 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

I was going to try some auto stores around town, but with that, VideoOn, I will buy from McMasters.

I've just been so busy with work and school and fixing this other gun... Once I figure out how to buy from them I'll post my results as promised.

#12 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

My parent's want ordering online as a last resort.
Lowes, Autozone, and most auto body stores did not have the right sized Oring. Napa Auto Parts can make the right sized Oring, but none are local.

I went to Ace, and they said they'd special order a 1/8" O.D. and 1/16" width O ring for us.
When I receive this later this week, I'll share my results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users