#1 wake.joe

wake.joe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Well, I'm tired of broken KWA's.

I have three. Two of them have the trigger post broken off, and one of them was a Gen 1, and cracked the front off the gearbox (No mods, bone stock.)

Tried getting some parts from you guy's, but the people needing to be talked to were on vacation. We never got a call back...

So I'm just gonna have to buy another gun. But this will be the last KWA I buy, if it breaks so easily too.

Since there have been -so many- upgrades to everything, I need a guarantied way to get the most up-to-date gearbox, gears, hopup. Whatever has been done.

Are there any ways to tell, before I purchase? I don't use a li-po, and am quite happy with just a 9.6v. But I want to make sure I don't get stuck in the mud again.

And has the trigger post thing even gotten fixed yet? (I've accepted not using semi-auto, if not.)

Thank you for your help :)

Edited by wake.joe, 21 January 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#2 Infidel

Infidel

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

I don't think you should buy another KWA if you can break them so easily. You should be buying a real gun! ;)

Edited by Infidel, 22 January 2009 - 10:00 AM.

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

@Infidel - Now now... play nice.  

@Joe - how long ago was that when you call us?  I don't think anyone here have taken a vacations for the last 6 months.  Trigger post issue have been addressed.

#4 wake.joe

wake.joe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

I do have my real guns. :) Even got some back-up's in before Obama can lead the new Assault Weapon Ban in. :D

But that's why I keep buying KWA's. No other gun performs like them; They're just not "durable", on a long-term basis.

The problem is I use mine every day. I work for a company that provides training for civilians, and a MOUT location for millitary/Law enforcement to train themselves. So I run a lot of rounds through the gun. My problem is just that the things that break (Trigger post), are things that shouldn't. Every day use and the gearbox breaks at the front? Saw that coming.  But a trigger post, within' a month of using? That makes the whole gearbox useless.

So I'd like yet another, as long as the kinks have been worked out. I think I made the mistake of buying my first one, and being SO impressed with it, I bought another. This was right around when the guns started being released. All product has an R&D phase. Which is why I'm not saying "Send me a new gearbox for free!" I'm fine buying a new box, I just need a guarantee that the one I'm buying, is going to be the most up-to-date version. If I order directly from the pro-shop, is a gearbox going to be sent that isn't up-to-date, or did you remove all the old boxes from your pile?

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Trigger post issue does happen even on other brands, there is no exception.  That said, we are pro-actively looking to improve our guns.  The latest batch all have new trigger post design and that should resolve this issue.

#6 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:36 AM

View Postwake.joe, on Jan 22 2009, 02:39 PM, said:

I just need a guarantee that the one I'm buying, is going to be the most up-to-date version. If I order directly from the pro-shop, is a gearbox going to be sent that isn't up-to-date, or did you remove all the old boxes from your pile?

When the new '09 gearboxes are available for individual sales they will be marked and distinguishable from the previous generations. :)

#7 urban_epidemic

urban_epidemic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

I had a trigger post break on me on my Systema Mech box. It just happens sometimes.

#8 roehoe72

roehoe72

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

View PostRadix, on Jan 23 2009, 05:36 AM, said:

When the new '09 gearboxes are available for individual sales they will be marked and distinguishable from the previous generations. :)

when are the new boxes going to be available... also, when are the battle rifle boxes going to be available?

#9 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

View Postroehoe72, on Jan 23 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

when are the new boxes going to be available... also, when are the battle rifle boxes going to be available?

Sorry, don't have a firm date for you yet.

#10 roehoe72

roehoe72

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

View PostRadix, on Jan 23 2009, 01:33 PM, said:

Sorry, don't have a firm date for you yet.

not even a guestimate?

#11 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

Sometime in 2009?!! LOL.   Honestly we can't give a firm date until we have more information.  However a save bet would be somewhere before fall.  Otherwise that wouldn't make sense it call it 2009 would it?!

#12 dvl_mchn

dvl_mchn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

My trigger post also just broke. Reading above has me a little worried. The guy says that the trigger post breaking makes the gearbox worthless. Please tell me that this is fixable. I don't have to get a whole new gearbox do I?

#13 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

Trigger post breaks will render the gearbox inoperable and the official way to fix it is to replace with another gearbox shell.  There are other ways to fix it which was discuss somewhere here on the forum.

#14 Infidel

Infidel

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

View Postwake.joe, on Jan 22 2009, 02:39 PM, said:

I do have my real guns. :) Even got some back-up's in before Obama can lead the new Assault Weapon Ban in. :D

NICE, I picked up some too. :D

Trigger post breakage happens even with the best (I've had a few TM & Systema break on me).  IMO, it is a inherent weakness in the version 2 gearbox. Constant firing in semi-auto mode weakens the integrity of the post and eventually cause a breakage.  The only way to prevent this is to reinforce the post and I must applaud KWA for reacting so quickly to customers complaints. :)

#15 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

Seriously guys, I can personally attest to this issue with trigger post happening with other guns as well.  I used to live in Utah and our winter isn't quite forgiving.  I had G&P, CA, Systema shell... they all broke in during gaming in winter time.

#16 engl4nd24

engl4nd24

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hmm. I do love my M4, though it did come faulty  :( .
Semi Auto wouldn't work properly. You had to pull the trigger very very slowly for it to work. Full auto worked fine though. It would lock up and make a clicking noise if you pulled the trigger on semi. Oh well. Good old USPS is taking their FINE old time shipping it back to you all. Two weeks and it still isn't there :( . NONE the less. I am still VERY satisfied with what I saw of the gun when I had it. This accuracy crap going around is a load of nonsense. Clean the barrel, use .28g bbs, and adjust your hop up. There. Accuracy. I must give a big thumbs up to KWA customer service. I called them, and the poor guy even took my USPS shipping number to see if he could track down my gun. Bravo KWA. I shall be doing business with you again. Just keep up that awesome customer service.

P.S: I like calling and not having some automated voice on the other end. You guys pick up quickly and get my questions answered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users