9 replies to this topic

#1 roguesqd

roguesqd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

Ok, well my FPG's cylinder/loading nozzle broke right in half (seems to be a very common issue)...part #B39

Does anyone know how to take the cylinder out?  How do you take B23/B24 apart so you can get to the cylinder? I don't want to break other parts trying to get this apart

"Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope..."

#2 axio

axio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

firstly you have to have a the smallest hex key to unscrew the screw hidden under the rear sight.

after unswrewing that you now have to take out a 2mm diameter pin which is located at the back of the slide.

after that the pull out the single/auto lock, moving it around to find the opening, it is usually around between the single and auto mode. (becarefull of the small metal ball inside the lock don't loose it)

after that just unscrew the +screw.

and there you have it...

I hope this helps.

Edited by axio, 23 June 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#3 roguesqd

roguesqd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

Thanks Axio =)

#4 Miken2006

Miken2006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Mine broke to and wont load bbs:(  

Is this part available? Its not on the proshop.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hey Mike,

This should work but call the proshop to make sure.

http://store.kwausa....tpcylinder.aspx

#6 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

As others have said call up KWA and ask for the part.  You can also try the loading nozzle for the m17/m18c series, but it will require some modification.  The FPG nozzle has a small slant to it which from my understanding helps with the folding/unfolding of the fpg with a mag in.  Keep your old loading nozzle as a reference if you decide to order the m17 (on kwa proshop and other online airsoft retailers).  I've been using my modified loading nozzle with no problems.

Edited by thatguyx, 10 March 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#7 Miken2006

Miken2006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Thanks! Ill call today to see if the atp one will work. Ive used the atp inner barrel base already so hopefully this will be compatible as well

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

I believe the cylinder for the ATP, MAGPUL FPG, M17 and M18 are all the same.  But make sure just in case.

#9 islisis

islisis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

ouch... this gun is still so new, what causes this part to break? Are common problems covered by free replacement parts from KWA?

#10 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

When I had this problem, I was referred to Spartan Imports by KWA, Spartan Imports takes care of warranty work for Magpul products in the US. Unfortunately, mine was not covered by warranty as something happened to the orange tip :innocent: So they referred me back to KWA, who again sent me to Spartan who then told me they don't do direct sales and referred me to a somewhat (2 hrs away) local dealer to order the part.  Ugh, it was such a headache.

I eventually ended up seeing pictures of both nozzles, ordered the m17/m18c nozzle and used a file to match the shape of the FPG cylinder.  I was also able to order the exact part I needed after 2 seperate calls to KWAs proshop.  Without modifying a regular loading nozzle the magazine would not lock into place smoothly while opening the FPG and may get caught causing the loading nozzle to fail prematurely.

Currently I have my filed m17/m18c loading nozzle in my FPG and haven't had a problem yet.  I was also running the replacement FPG nozzle in my m18c for a while until that cylinder broke as well (lasted much longer).  The m18c is now using a regular loading nozzle.  The only thing I can think of that causes this part to break is swelling around the pin holes of the cylinder or just an unlucky batch of cylinders made. They all seemed to break in the same place.  If it's a matter of the pin holes swelling up that could be catching on the blow back unit which then gets hit again by the slide returning...

:edit

for reference here are some pictures of my M18C slide (top) and FPG slide (bottom)

Posted Image
IMAG0321.jpg by thatguyx, on Flickr
The top is my M18C slide with a regular M17/M18 loading nozzle. The bottom is another M17/M18C loading nozzle with some hand filing done.

Posted Image
IMAG0323.jpg by thatguyx, on Flickr

Once again top is stock, bottom is modified.  Just a closer shot.

If you take the cylinders out you can see the slope a lot better, but I'm not taking these apart until I get a few more upgrades ;)

Edited by thatguyx, 10 March 2012 - 12:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users