4 replies to this topic

#1 axio

axio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

Dear KWA,

As I am new to this forum, so permission to post a thread regarding my recent experience.

So I bought a KWA Magpull FPG full set, I really like the style and the technology...it is awesome, well done

but there are problem that has to be solve...it only produce a 300-310 fps using 0.2g ksc and I am living in asia so the wheather is around 25-30 degree Celsius...

Comparing with a couple of ksc Glock19, Glock18, I have 3 Glock19s and 2 Glock18s...my favorite...they produce 350fps out of the box...sometimes 340. using a much shorter inner barrel...

so back to the problem...the FPG has a much longer barrel but with a much lower fps around 300-310fps, 320 max. (all the above are using guarder gas)..
after 2 weeks searching for the problem, finally I found it. There is a slight gap between the mag lip rubber and the cylinder chamber due to the handle angle difference thus allowing the gas to go free... I posted a rough drawing explaining the problem occurs:

Posted Image

I switch the slides set of the FPG to my Glock18 and bam!! 370-380FPS and switch them back to my fpg and we are back to 310fps

The angle is around 2mm gap...the FPG magazine angle is more upright than the Glock series also causing the slide to be push back a little. (the mag steel loader is pushing the cylinder chamber)...

So I am asking for help to solve this problem.

Thank you
Best Regards

Edited by axio, 17 June 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:38 AM

This may be an isolated incident on your model or magazine. You have switched the slides, have you switched the mags?
Try getting a hold of another mag and see if you have the same results.  Since you are in Asia, there isn't a whole lot we can do besides offer advise, or I'd have you send it in to be checked out.

#3 axio

axio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 18 June 2011 - 01:38 AM, said:

This may be an isolated incident on your model or magazine. You have switched the slides, have you switched the mags?
Try getting a hold of another mag and see if you have the same results.  Since you are in Asia, there isn't a whole lot we can do besides offer advise, or I'd have you send it in to be checked out.

not only mine...many of them have the same problem...that is why they are selling it away, they do not want to keep it...

Yes it is natural I have to use the same magazine to do a fair comparison. same gas, same bb bullet, same chrono, same weather and at the same time...

it cannot be just one...because you are doing a mass production, so the shape of the handle and measurement of every detail is almost the same with every serial production...I mean, is this the first defect you heard about this situation...Sounds weird to me.

BTW thanks alot...

#4 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:19 AM

This is the first I've heard of this issue, which is why I suggested this was an isolated incident.
We haven't seen this on any of the US models, but I'm also not sure what differences, if any,  are on the Asia versions.

#5 LDIV

LDIV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

Good day KWA and FPG owners.

Yes I too am experiencing the same problem as you guys have, I even bought a new complete firing mechanism and magazine and same, the worst part of mine it never fires anymore and if it did its not cycling in full, I am not using the blank slide thats comes with it and the long magazine, sadly the problem still there it wont shoot can this be replaced even just the whole bode thing please.

Regards.

Edited by LDIV, 12 August 2014 - 09:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)