4 replies to this topic

#1 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Does anyone know the exact specs (Pitch, metric or standard, ect.) of part #133? Mine striped out while in use (along with the spring pegs on the breech base snapping off) and I can't get one on the pro shop, so I'm going to get one at ACE.

Thanks,
Italian

#2 glocktastic

glocktastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Dear Italian13,

Please look at my thread “Kmp9 My Springs Are Broken Too.”
(Or you could look at my reply in dobey’s “Kwa Mp9 Aftermarket Valve Review”)

In my postings, I mentioned a link to the ASG website who provide the KMP9 in Europe. There is a link to download a PDF of the KMP9 which shows assembly diagram and parts-list: The parts-list says that part#133 is M3x8. This means it is 3mm diameter and 8mm long.

As my gun is broken, I decided to unscrew Part#133 and measure it for you:
It is 0.5mm pitch which means it is called “M3 coarse.” My screw is black, countersunk, crosshead, 8mm long.

#########################

Could I ask you a favour... Does your part#19 have two spring-posts on it?
(This would mean that one spring from part#10 connects to a post on one side of part#19 and the second spring from part#10 connects to a post on the other side of part#19)

Thanks a lot,
Chris.

Edited by glocktastic, 06 June 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#3 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Thanks man!

My part #19 used to have two spring posts (One on the left and one on the right) on it, but they broke off sometime when I was using it  :thumbsdown:

I swear, its like KWA used pot metal when making the MP9.

#4 glocktastic

glocktastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi Italian13,

Thanks a lot for your help too. I only have one post on my part#19 which confirms that one post sheared off.

I think that KSC/KWA need to strengthen some of the parts: Part#10, Part#87 and Part#19.
Most people who have had these failures were using their gun properly but a manufacturer needs to make their products "idiot proof" too.

Best regards,
Chris.

#5 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

View Postglocktastic, on 06 June 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hi Italian13,

Thanks a lot for your help too. I only have one post on my part#19 which confirms that one post sheared off.

I think that KSC/KWA need to strengthen some of the parts: Part#10, Part#87 and Part#19.
Most people who have had these failures were using their gun properly but a manufacturer needs to make their products "idiot proof" too.

Best regards,
Chris.
You bet they do. Some of these breaks should have never happened.

There are after market cylinder return springs for sale on eHobby asia. If mine break again, and I don't sell my MP9 to buy EI stuff, I'm going got try them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users