• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Austin M

Austin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

I just received a KP45(NS1) for Christmas, and love it. But today, I went out to shoot it, filled the magazine, and there was a noise coming from Part #906(Charging Valve). I put my finger over it, and could feel my finger getting colder as the gas came out. I have a leaking magazine, and have no clue what to do.

Please help!

Austin M.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

empty the gas, drop a small amount of the included oil on the charging valve, and then progress to fill the magazine as normal

#3 Austin M

Austin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

View PostSpiggy, on Jan 15 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

empty the gas, drop a small amount of the included oil on the charging valve, and then progress to fill the magazine as normal

Thanks! Will do!

#4 Austin M

Austin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Ok, I tried that, and the leaking still persists.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

View PostAustin M, on Jan 16 2009, 10:57 AM, said:

Ok, I tried that, and the leaking still persists.
You might want to take it to the KWA support people and ask for an RMA number. Since you just bought it they should be more than happy to fix it or replace it with a shiny new one.

#6 kempobmx1

kempobmx1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cars

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

It's a common problem. I've had it in three of my USP mags and my USP NS2 mag. Empty the mag first. Then unscrew the charging valve and remove it from the mag. Use a cotton cloth and something small in diameter and rigid (I use a thin Phillips screw driver) and push the cloth into the hole in the bottom of the mag and twist it around a little. This will remove any dirt or metal shavings that might be in there. Now use a cotton cloth to clean off the threads and the o-ring on the valve. How apply 3 drops of oil to the threads inside the hole, one drop to the threads on the valve, and an even, generous coating of oil to the o-ring on the valve. Now screw the valve back in and make sure it's as tight as can be. The mag will no longer leak.

#7 Berkut

Berkut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

I got a kp45 tactical and a spare magazine from airsoft gi and it took them past until after the warranty was out to get it to me and my magazine started to leak. After taking apart the magazine, I found the square gasket on the bottom was torn. I went to the local hardware store and bought some stuff called seal-all. I used it to basically glue the gasket onto the base piece that the filling valve sits in right where the tear was. I found it is easier to put some of the seal all on the base and place the gasket into the main body of the magazine then put the base back on.

I hope this was helpful and was understandable, if not I can edit it.

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

you know, you could've just contacted us and worked something out.

#9 Berkut

Berkut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

even if my warranty was expired?

#10 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

View PostBerkut, on 06 August 2010 - 12:13 PM, said:

even if my warranty was expired?

Yes. Every situation is different and we usually work with our customers to resolve their issues. :)

#11 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Not to mention, we also carry replacement parts and you could have at least gotten the correct replacement gasket to resolve the issue.

#12 Doyle

Doyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

This fix did not work for me. For those of you who also failed to solve the problem by cleaning the fill valve, tap out the pins and remove the base plate (part #950). From there, remove the base seal and clean it like you would a hop-up bucking (let soak in warm water with dish soap for about a minute then scrub lightly with a wet paper towel then rinse under cold water and let air-dry). Once you do this, go ahead and THOROUGHLY clean out the inside of the mag. Apply silicon gel/grease (thick) to the rubber seal and replace on the base. Once you do this, put the mag back together. This should solve your problem.

(I'll try to get around to adding picture and a better description at a later time).

#13 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

I recommend against injecting any oil and grease as a sealant into the magazine as it is very likely it will also flow into the gun during firing.  Depending on the grease you use, it could damage the gun.

silicone sealant (caulking) might be a better temporary solution.  But you really need to make sure it has the proper time to cure before use.

The best solution if the base leaks would be to replace the seal.  You may need a small arbor press to properly reassemble the magazine

#14 SPR 94

SPR 94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hello there gents.  I recently purchased a new KWA KP45 Tactical, and took advantage of the Operation: Free Fall promotion that was going on.  The magazine that came with the gun was functioning flawlessly, and incredibly, I was exceeding 100 full cycles in 59 weather.  After maybe a week, I received my new magazine (I wasn't expecting it for the 4-6 weeks that had been advertised) and I noticed that it was leaking.  I fiddled with it a bit, and determined that it wasn't the fill valve, but the seal around part number 195 and 196.  I took a thin nail, and filed down the tip so that it was more rounded than sharp, and punched out the two small pins to the rear of the magazine(part 201).  After removing part 195, I wiped out the inside of the magazine and part 195/6 with an old, lintless sock.  After cleaning, I "coated" the areas with the included silcone oil.  After reassembling the magazine, the leak was non-existent.  It seemed as though the problem was the the seal(part 196 had folded and creased in assembly, creating a small hole in the seal.  I hope that at least helps one person out there.

#15 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

My spare mag is leaking around the base plate seal and when I tried to punch out the pin I must have done something wrong.

How do I punch out a pin that got jammed?

I really want to get this fixed soon I have a match on the 26th and want to have a spare mag.

I know I'm necro-posting but this is a pinned thread, so I should be fine.

EDIT: never mind I got it fixed.

Edited by Vamp2269, 21 February 2011 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users