• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crisis7

Crisis7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

I am having a problem with my KMP9. I bought quite a while ago so my warranty no long applies. But here is my problem:

After I load my KMP9, I set it on semi-auto and fire. It fires the first shot, but all of a sudden the gun sounds like its firing in full auto, but no shots come out and then empties out all the gas in the mag right after.

I had opened my gun up before because one of the cylinder return springs broke.

Anyone know whats the issue?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

did you install the bolt parts correctly? if there's an obstruction or the part is not installed correctly the gun will seize during fire.

#3 Crisis7

Crisis7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 19 May 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

did you install the bolt parts correctly? if there's an obstruction or the part is not installed correctly the gun will seize during fire.

Yes, I checked and made sure the parts were well lubricated.

I think the problem is with my magazine, it gets cold very quickly and the seal seems to freeze making the gun fire full auto and eventually gets frozen, causing the the seal to get stuck and cause the gas to vent.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

how lubricated are we talking here? The gun doesn't require much oil to function

#5 Crisis7

Crisis7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 20 May 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

how lubricated are we talking here? The gun doesn't require much oil to function

I put enough oil so that everything moves smoothly, but not so much that it forms pools. After opening the gun up again, I found that the cylinder had cracked on the left side. It looks like that was the cause of the gas leak and the mag getting cold. Seems like I am gonna have to buy that part, you know when they'll restock the cylinder?

Edited by Crisis7, 20 May 2011 - 03:48 PM.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Not a clue, it's outside of my department.  But if you'd like you can send it in and have it repaired

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users