Gov. Style 1911A1 In A Safariland Holster? Not Fitting...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevemcgee99

stevemcgee99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

I just bought a safariland holster and my KWA 1911A1 doesn't fit...  Too tight, and also seems too long.

Tightness is not adjustable. I removed the tension screw all together and it is still way too tight.

The length of the gun is another problem.  Is the Colt government a 4.3 barrel or something?  With the KWA in all the way, the retention loop on the holster will not go over the gun - unless the hammer is back. WTF?

At this point I totally regret getting the 1911A1...  I miss my USP compact.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

I have the Government 1911A1, haven't tried safariland.  But my Blackhawk, Blade Tech, Uncle Mike all work. Not sure why it wouldn't.

Can you take a picture of the gun, the holster, and the gun in the holster and maybe we can figure something out.

#3 stevemcgee99

stevemcgee99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

I talked to safariland.  They said draw it 100 times or so, and try spraying a little silicone in there.  If that doesn't work, I should send it back.

I just wondered - is the KWA fatter than normal?

My blackhawk was pretty tight at first, but after the paint on the slide rubbed off, and some plastic wore out, it got better.

#4 stevemcgee99

stevemcgee99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

I tried the PTP in the safariland and AEX in Sacramento.  No problem, it slid in and out like it should.  

I believe the 1911A1 and the PTP versions are not the same width.  Is this true?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users