• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Atcpup

Atcpup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

Bought my KMP9R a few weeks back with an extra mag.  The problem that I am having is that the magazines are not feeding properly. The first time that I loaded the magazine, only the first two shots were fired before the problem occurred. The BB's become stuck in the mag and the mag spring is unable to push the BB's into the gun. It is almost as if there is too much friction or too little space for the bbs to enter the gun. This happens with .20 and .25's. This problem is the exact same with both of the new mags. This is extremely frustrating as I was told this was a reliable gun. But both magazines exhibiting the same problem? I have already filed a Help Desk ticket but was hoping to get some feedback from the forum while waiting on a response from KWA.

Thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

What brad of BB are you using?

#3 Atcpup

Atcpup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

View Postgcw360, on 09 May 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

What brad of BB are you using?

The .20's were Crosman and the .25's are from a place here in Atlanta called Airdog Airsoft(Airdog Elite BB's .25g) Please don't tell me this unit is finicky with ammo??

Edited by Atcpup, 09 May 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

I'm not going to tell you that the unit is finicky with ammo.  There are a number of brands that will feed just fine.  I would suggest that the ammo is sub-par.  At least the Crossman is.  I can't vouch for the other brand but I'm willing to bet that is the issue.  I'll expect others to weigh in too with their opinions. :gun:

#5 Atcpup

Atcpup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

View Postgcw360, on 09 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'm not going to tell you that the unit is finicky with ammo.  There are a number of brands that will feed just fine.  I would suggest that the ammo is sub-par.  At least the Crossman is.  I can't vouch for the other brand but I'm willing to bet that is the issue.  I'll expect others to weigh in too with their opinions. :gun:

Thank you for the info!! Can you recommend some brands that do work well?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

View PostAtcpup, on 09 May 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

Thank you for the info!! Can you recommend some brands that do work well?

Yes, KSC .25's.  Your gun will work better on 25's than 2's if you are not already using them.  I have had good luck with G&G .25's, and Bioval BBBMax .27 (Very expensive).  I am not a fan of TSD.  Hope that helps. :gun:

#7 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

G&G BBs work great. I've fired 1500 + through my MP9 at an event with no issues what so ever.

Echo1 and ASGI BBs also work fine. Considering ASGI BBs are just re-branded Madbulls, Madbull BBs should work fine, too.

Edited by Italian13, 10 May 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#8 Grimreefer

Grimreefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

My MP9 mags did not like Madbulls. I put some time in with a small round file and some fine sandpaper and they work fine now.

#9 Atcpup

Atcpup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the advise. I purchased the KSC .25g and they worked perfectly. Gonna try the G&G's next...

#10 alberick

alberick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:25 AM

Same problem here. I'm using KingArms platinum 0,25 and they get stuck midway in the mag. Even if I insert one single bb and keep it rolling up- and downwards, at some point it always stays stuck at exactly the same spot.

Kinda disappointing mag finish if you ask me. I'm gonna try the G&G bbs (since i cannot find any ksc ones on the net), do you have the sxact reference? G&G Bios or G&G PSBB?

http://www.sniper-as...t&id=350516  OR these
http://www.sniper-as...oduct&id=390601

Using those currently but they do not work well.
http://www.sniper-as...oduct&id=630901

tks,
Ramon

Edited by alberick, 25 May 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#11 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

Standard G&G BBs.

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3300

#12 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

View Postalberick, on 25 May 2011 - 02:25 AM, said:

Kinda disappointing mag finish if you ask me. I'm gonna try the G&G bbs (since i cannot find any ksc ones on the net), do you have the sxact reference? G&G Bios or G&G PSBB?

Sounds more like the quality of the bb's, weren't very good. Try KSC's, since it is made by KWA themselves.

#13 alberick

alberick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:26 AM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 25 May 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Sounds more like the quality of the bb's, weren't very good. Try KSC's, since it is made by KWA themselves.

cant find any shop that has KSC BBs in stock and that ships to Europe. The KWA Pro shop has the 0,20 in stock but seems USA only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users