• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Suveck

Suveck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

I just bought a KWA M93R NS2 version, it was working great for a while and I was able to use it quite a bit before this problem came up, but I am having an issue where burst and full auto work fine but semi just shoots full auto. I could fix it given the cause of the problem but I am not sure and i don't want to take apart a gun with so many parts w/o knowing what im looking for. I might be able to send it in for repair but i want to know how to fix this after the warranty is up, I don't want to be missing my new gun for a month, and I just spent my money paying for the gun so I cant ship if for a bit.

I NEVER abused this gun, I maintained it well kept it lubed, never dropped it, and properly stored it so I am thinking some spring is not tensioned right or got worked out of place

KWA does make great guns but I wonder how this problem never got caught during testing!

if someone could give instructions for a proper breakdown so if I do take it apart I don't mess anything up that would be great

P.S. after this problem occurred I did a field disassembly and completely cleaned every part I could access with out tearing down into the trigger assembly (where the problem most likely is)

P.S.S. this gun was purchased from AirsoftGI

Edited by Suveck, 09 May 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#2 Suveck

Suveck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

would be nice to have a response from a staff member soon

#3 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hop on the Help Desk at the link above to submit a repair ticket, this is not something that you can fix or be shown how to fix on your own. Our Service Center techs will need to do the modification.

These are all tested before they are shipped out, and like you said, it was working great at first. It was working great when tested at the factory and here before being shipped out to the retail stores.

We will get it taken care of for you and get it back as quickly as we can.

#4 Suveck

Suveck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 09 May 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

Hop on the Help Desk at the link above to submit a repair ticket, this is not something that you can fix or be shown how to fix on your own. Our Service Center techs will need to do the modification.

These are all tested before they are shipped out, and like you said, it was working great at first. It was working great when tested at the factory and here before being shipped out to the retail stores.

We will get it taken care of for you and get it back as quickly as we can.
Alright, and what I ment w/ the testing thing was like after design during like a stress test but i will do my best to get this in as fast as i can because it is a great gun

but like u said there was not a way to detect before shipping and im sure they vary ever so slightly with each gun.
Is there anything to do to avoid this problem in the future or is it a random occurrence?

#5 pinoyplayer

pinoyplayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

I too had the same problem this morning. My gun fired  3 round bursts on all selector switch positions. (this is a problem for me since I play in a semi only field)
I treat this thing like a little baby since I love the gun so much. I cleaned it out after the 3rd/4th use because it was locking up. I attributed that to worn out paint and dirt as the locking was fixed after I cleaned it. To date this is the 6th time I've used it. And like The OP said I have not in any way abuse this gun or dropped it in a game.
I understand that we need to send this to KWA for repair. But I would also like an explanation of the nature of the problem as this would help us owners avoid this problem in the future.

#6 Alastor

Alastor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

View PostSuveck, on 09 May 2011 - 06:09 AM, said:

I just bought a KWA M93R NS2 version, it was working great for a while and I was able to use it quite a bit before this problem came up, but I am having an issue where burst and full auto work fine but semi just shoots full auto. I could fix it given the cause of the problem but I am not sure and i don't want to take apart a gun with so many parts w/o knowing what im looking for. I might be able to send it in for repair but i want to know how to fix this after the warranty is up, I don't want to be missing my new gun for a month, and I just spent my money paying for the gun so I cant ship if for a bit.

I NEVER abused this gun, I maintained it well kept it lubed, never dropped it, and properly stored it so I am thinking some spring is not tensioned right or got worked out of place

KWA does make great guns but I wonder how this problem never got caught during testing!

if someone could give instructions for a proper breakdown so if I do take it apart I don't mess anything up that would be great

P.S. after this problem occurred I did a field disassembly and completely cleaned every part I could access with out tearing down into the trigger assembly (where the problem most likely is)

P.S.S. this gun was purchased from AirsoftGI

I had a same problem. The source (in my case, but it was the very same as yours, gun shot in burst, and in auto, only semi was out)is worn out part of burst assembly. On the diagram in the Pro shop(I lost my manual, so it must suffice) it is part 594. It is pushed down by the moving slide, and the friction of the slide wears this part down. In semi auto mode, the prong of the part 600 pushes the trigger bar (part 553) down, thus dissengaging the hamer assembly and stopping the hammer from falling again when the slide is back in the forward position. It can be home repaired(I did so), but it is only a temporary solution. I suggest replacing part 594. I believe the factory tests did not catch it because it can occur only after many, many  thousands of BB's fired, and is partially efect of sand and other impurities grinding the part 594 down. Only minimal damage is needed for the problem to occur.

Edited by Alastor, 29 May 2011 - 04:24 AM.

#7 Super Shaman

Super Shaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have this problem on my gun to would you mind posting pictures of fixing this for me

#8 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

Send it in and we can fix it for you.

#9 loon9892

loon9892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

How much does it cost to send it in? And is this problem just going to keep occurring? I have the same problem by the way, seems like every owner of this gun has this problem as well. Its such a great gun, other than this problem, when semi auto worked, it was nearly perfect.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

Fee = $35.00 and small parts are free.  Return shipping is $10.00.  This is based on the last time I spoke with Kingsize so check first.

#11 nonanche92000

nonanche92000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:mechanic, electronic,computer.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hello

I had the same problem as you, semi auto mode didn't work after few shots.

For me , it's the part  #61( selector bar adapter ) that brokes  : http://kwausa.com/fi...5V01_M93RII.jpg

The link is the diagram of the M93R NS2.
:
Prong of part # 61 have to handle a huge effort to push down the trigger bar , part # 16 on diagram, and that's the problem.

Material used to part 61 is like aluminum, and this isn't strong enough to make that kind of mechanic movement., try to push down the trigger bar with your own finger and you'll see how hard it is.

I made a custom selector bar adapter with reinforced steel , and this work like a charm, here a pic of my mod:

http://img11.hosting...09738IMG223.jpg

After hundred shots , it's still work.

Even if you buy a new selector bar adapter made of aluminum,  this will be a matter of time before it broke again.

So go for a custom part with reinforced steel this is not so hard to do.

And i suggest if you know a metal worker as me, to make part # 24 , the disconnector , in reinforced steel too.

After that 80% of the berreta M93's mechanical problem, will gone.

Edited by nonanche92000, 29 July 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#12 Billy1788

Billy1788

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

I do agree with nonanche92000! Part61 is not strong enough to make that kind of mechanic movement. In most cases, this issue may be caused by its broken or deformation!

I am also wondering that this issue has puzzled KWA M93R II fans for many years, why has it not been solved to the ground! till now?

Edited by Billy1788, 30 July 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#13 nonanche92000

nonanche92000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Because it's cheaper and faster to make the part #61 by casting , than machining it.

and the factory part #61 is clearly a metal cast part.

I did mine with reinforced steel and gently bent it to improve pressure on the trigger bar

Here's the comparison:

http://img11.hosting...80608IMG228.jpg

you can clearly see by its shape that the factory part ( the upper one ) is a metal cast part made of aluminum, and that's why it can't handle such a pressure on the trigger bar.

Edited by nonanche92000, 30 July 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#14 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Part #61 is one I've got on the drawing board to manufacture......Patiently waiting on an open machine. We are loaded down with work right now....BTW, I believe KWA's part is stamped

#15 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

$35 + $10 = $45 total for KWA to "FIX" this........That's 25% the price of a whole new gun.  Just saying......................................

#16 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just for clarification, any product that goes through our service center does receive a 5 point inspection.  It is not allowed to leave our service center unless the gun is capable of operating at our factory standards.  We don't just put a band-aid on the problem, we will repair it 100% and if there are any updates on that model, the item will also get updated as well.  It will also receive a brand new 45 day warranty upon the item's return to you, the owner.  We want to make sure that our customers are happy and satisfied!

#17 nonanche92000

nonanche92000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostStandard4130, on 30 July 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Part #61 is one I've got on the drawing board to manufacture......Patiently waiting on an open machine. We are loaded down with work right now....BTW, I believe KWA's part is stamped

Post some pics when you'll achieve it dude, i want to see that!!!!

I did mine manually with a dremel 3000, a 3mm drill bit for the hole , and sand paper 800/1000/1500.

But i plan to machine part # 24 , the disconnector, because it seem to that the upper part is subject to wear out very fast  because of the slide friction .

Edited by nonanche92000, 31 July 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#18 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I will! If I can ever get around to it.............Looks like we'll be backed up for at least 2 weeks if not more.....Ugggh. I had thought about inlaying some anti-friction material into the slide where that part rides & also machining a new part out of better material that contacts the slide. I determined (like you) the fastest, easiest, cheapest & user installable way to get the gun up and running was to redo part #61. BTW, After taking a better look at it I believe it's MIM - Metal Injection Molded not stamped as I previosly stated.

#19 airsofter

airsofter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostStandard4130, on 31 July 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I will! If I can ever get around to it.............Looks like we'll be backed up for at least 2 weeks if not more.....Ugggh. I had thought about inlaying some anti-friction material into the slide where that part rides & also machining a new part out of better material that contacts the slide. I determined (like you) the fastest, easiest, cheapest & user installable way to get the gun up and running was to redo part #61. BTW, After taking a better look at it I believe it's MIM - Metal Injection Molded not stamped as I previosly stated.

keep us update please !    

#20 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Will Do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users