• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sloth

Sloth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

Just got my new G36 from ASGI. The selector switch is EXTREMELY stiff. I can barely move it with my thumb while I'm on the trigger. Is this normal? Is this okay? Will it "break in"? Could the selector plate be squished too tightly between the gearbox and the body?

This is the only concern I have. Hopefully it's not a big deal, as the gun is hitting 400 FPS right out of the box, which is awfully nice. (Higher than my M4 was lol)

#2 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

Check out my review on it...this is semi-normal...I talk about the situation of it in the vid though.

#3 LTP Pinky

LTP Pinky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

Is this video with your M140 spring?

#4 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

I installed the M120 back in for the shooting test

#5 Sloth

Sloth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

View PostHitman07, on 07 May 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

I installed the M120 back in for the shooting test

This gun is a lot more accurate than your test would indicate. It seems to be windy in your video, and most of your shots that miss the target miss it to the left by roughly the same amount.

Was your scope doped for the test, and did you account for windage? I'm guessing no, because with no wind, I promise I can hit near the center of that target every time at 150'.

#6 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

View PostSloth, on 07 May 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

This gun is a lot more accurate than your test would indicate. It seems to be windy in your video, and most of your shots that miss the target miss it to the left by roughly the same amount.

Was your scope doped for the test, and did you account for windage? I'm guessing no, because with no wind, I promise I can hit near the center of that target every time at 150'.

The gun stock can easily hit targets up to 150-170 feet...this is giving a general idea of accuracy...not a lab controlled test. The red dot was zeroed. I am not going to adjust windage and elevation everytime I shoot on a red dot. Plus...we are talking airsoft. Red dot is really just there to give you a quick view of where you are aiming if you need to adjust...you walk the dog...airsoft is to unpredictable to sight in windage and elevation adjustments...its just ridiculous.

M140 spring will give this gun a 250-300 range easy.

Thanks for watching.

#7 Sloth

Sloth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Dang. M140 would be crazy in a KWA. My M4 was firing at 450 FPS with an M130. :o)

But, yeah..I wouldn't suggest attempting to dial in a scope to within a hair's breadth for airsoft. Was just making an observation - As far as stock gun accuracy goes, both of my KWA guns are superior to any other stock models that I've fired. I'll go so far as to say that there's almost no need to upgrade the barrel - at least for me, when I've got to shoot either 350 (CQB) or 400 (Field) FPS...If I can't hit a human-sized target at max range with a short burst, I should find a new hobby. :)

Thanks for the video, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users