• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gungrave108

gungrave108

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

I recently got my KWA M11A1 NS2 today and along with it 2 extra magazines, but one of them is not working. Its not leaking or anything but when I try to shot nothing happens. I'm not sure if the part that's suppose to hit the release valve is hot hitting it but the other 2 mags are working fine...anyone got any idea on whats wrong?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Is the release valve working smoothly?  You can try a small amount of non-spray silicone to make sure it's not sticking.  :gun:

#3 gungrave108

gungrave108

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

Yes the release valve is working smoothly, also I took a look at my mags and found out that the release valve on the one that don't work is a few millimeters lower

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

gungrave108, on 30 April 2011 - 06:13 AM, said:

Yes the release valve is working smoothly, also I took a look at my mags and found out that the release valve on the one that don't work is a few millimeters lower
Lower how?  Can you post a pic?  Sounds like you may need a new valve though.

#5 gungrave108

gungrave108

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Sorry but I dont have a camera to take pic...but I took the valve out and I you were right the valve was sticking a little bit and it was screwed at an angle that's why it looked lower...now my only problem with it now is that it sticks and I may have to put silicone like you said. Also what kind of valve is need if I replace it?

Edited by gungrave108, 30 April 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

gungrave108, on 30 April 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

Sorry but I dont have a camera to take pic...but I took the valve out and I you were right the valve was sticking a little bit and it was screwed at an angle that's why it looked lower...now my only problem with it now is that it sticks and I may have to put silicone like you said. Also what kind of valve is need if I replace it?

Valve # 149 in the part I believe you need see here to confirm: http://store.kwausa....2_mag_parts.jpg

:gun:

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

How would you attempt such a procedure to replace valve #149 and put in a fresh one? I may have to do this with two magazines I'm getting used from a guy.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Outlaw1995, on 20 November 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

How would you attempt such a procedure to replace valve #149 and put in a fresh one? I may have to do this with two magazines I'm getting used from a guy.
You need the proper tool.  It's called a valve key.  Here's the one I would get: http://shop.ehobbyas...key-tpu019.html

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Thanks Greg!
You're a life saver- I mean it. Are they any videos as to how to undergo the procedure? I can't find any. The reason I ask is because I barely mod/ or fix my guns. Only minor issues- I haven't tackled this big of an issue yet. Since I don't have the mags yet to fully diagnose the problem, I will use the silicon oil first, if not, I am sure to buy this and some new valves. Hey, are they all universal, because I could probably fix my broken M9 mag's valve too!!!

In terms of lubrication, should it be one drop to the gas flow valve, and one drop to the button that releases the gas?

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

You are welcome Dude! The key that I left the link for is the one you need.  It will work for all KWA valves.

Regarding the lubrication, a drop on, or in, each valve will work.  Remember, less is more with lube.  Also, never lube the feed channel where the BB's go.  All it does is collect dirt and cause the mag to foul in the long run.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Outlaw1995, on 20 November 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

Thanks Greg!
You're a life saver- I mean it. Are they any videos as to how to undergo the procedure? I can't find any. The reason I ask is because I barely mod/ or fix my guns. Only minor issues- I haven't tackled this big of an issue yet. Since I don't have the mags yet to fully diagnose the problem, I will use the silicon oil first, if not, I am sure to buy this and some new valves. Hey, are they all universal, because I could probably fix my broken M9 mag's valve too!!!

In terms of lubrication, should it be one drop to the gas flow valve, and one drop to the button that releases the gas?
One other thing, regarding KWA valves, all the fill valves are the same.  The gas release valve is the same on all KWA guns EXCEPT THE M226, M11A1, and MK23.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users