• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rock21

rock21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

After cleaning and reassembly of my KMP9 for the first time I finally got the dust cover and spring guide to seat properly.  However, if I pull up on the rear of the dust cover it will pull off of the lower receiver.  It does this even though the front screw is tight all the way and the spring guide is seated properly through the rear cover.  Is this normal?  Is the rear of the dust cover just held on by the spring guide protruding through the back?  I am concerned that it may fall apart during rough handling while playing

Edited by rock21, 27 April 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

I don't personally own a KMP9 so i had to go to Evike.com and get a picture from there:

Posted Image

You should make sure the spring guide is sticking all the out like this image. As you can see the pring guide does stick out slightly beyond the rear face of the upper receiver. If your spring guide seems to be flush with the rear face of the upper receiver then you should take the front screw out and keep pulling on the charging handle until the spring guide is sitting properly. Thats the only thing i can think of that would allow you to pull the upper receiver out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users