• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coulombecrew

coulombecrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys, sure could you all of your opinions on this one.

I have recently run into a problem. Last xmas i got a brand new g36c 2gx.  I hadn't fired more than a 1000 rnds and the selector plate broke.  Thinking it was something I did I went ahead and changed it.  Well a few mags later the plate went again.  So I paid the shipping from maine to cali so the techs at kwa could take a look at it.  They replaced the plate and fired about a 1000rnds through it.  While it was out for repairs I picked up a new edgi barrel 247mm.  Replaced it with no problems (thanks in part to all the good info on these forums).  At first I thought the barrel needed some break in time.  Now after 4000 rounds I'm still having the same problem of compresion issues.  I have double and triple checked the hop up and cleaned the barrel.  I separated the trigger assembly from the rest of the gun and hooked the battery up to check the position of my piston in relation to my cylinder.  It appears this is where the problem is.  It seems the piston is not coming completely foward at certain times after releasing my trigger.  I am and always have been running a 11.1v 1000mah and 11.1v 1300mah lipo battery. According to KWA I should be well within specs with this battery.  I have also installed this chip set to protect the gun and adjust my rate of fire: [url="http://www.aegwizard.com"] It does truly slow the rate of fire; but it still seems as though I'm still getting over spinning of my gears. (Piston not returning foward) I'm wondering about taking the gearbox apart to inspect my tappet and sector clip but don't want to crack it open unless I absolutly need to.  I would love to send the gun back out to KWA but the shipping and handling to there damn near killed me. I am planning on bumping up my spring one day; however I would like to really take care of this before I do any more mods.  Please help?!  I still haven't even had a skirmish yet so I haven't ran the gun hard.  (Getting a little worried about when I do.)

I know it long winded but I wanted to give all of you the info I could.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

If you are able to pull the trigger and the piston moves back and fires each time then the piston is returning to the front all the way or the gears would not be able to engage the piston properly and you would already have a stripped piston. You need to remember that at the front of the cylinder sits the cylinder head so there is a bit of cylinder taken up by the cylinder head. Even if your gears "over spin" as long as during the cycle the piston did travel all the way forward then your gearbox is operating normally.

If your gun is firing BB's and your FPS is as it should be then I think you're worrying too much  :thumbsup:

#3 coulombecrew

coulombecrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

My fps and bb feeding are the problem.  My fps is all over the place.  I occasionally dry fire and double feed bbs.  There are times that I can see the piston (should say cylinder head) fully retracted also.

Not arguing but I know for a fact something is wrong w/feeding & compression.

Edited by coulombecrew, 28 April 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#4 coulombecrew

coulombecrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

UPDATE!!!

Fixed it last night.  Took the gearbox apart and streched the o-ring a little and relubed the piston and cylinder assembly. Also changed out the spring with a prometheous 135.  What a difference!! Cycle rate is a little slower but its still got to be close to 20rpm. Now using the mofset I talked about earlier and have 4 round burst and still have on the fly option for full auto. Noticed that my old spring was almost an entire inch shorter than the new one don't know if that is relavant.  Can't wait to get it chronoed now.

#5 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

Thats great news! :thumbsup: just don't over lube the piston o-ring or it won't parachute the its supposed to. Glad it worked out for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users