Jump to content


Reverse Front Sling Post


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt12Cougar

Sgt12Cougar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:WA
  • Interests:Girls<br />Airsoft

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Hi,

So I finally recieved my KWA (yes!). I am a left-handed user, however. I have a 3-point sling I would like to mount.

However, I need to move the front sling mount to the right side. I can't remove the pins on the front site to switch/reverse the front sling pieces. Any tips? Compensations?

Basically, if you know any way to put the mount on the right, please tell me.

Thanks.

-Sgt12Cougar

#2 bishopMP

bishopMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Location:KY

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:51 AM

you can punch those pins out.  its a beeotch to do.  thats what i had to do with realsteal, assuming its the same thing.

#3 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

View PostSgt12Cougar, on Jan 8 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

Hi,

So I finally recieved my KWA (yes!). I am a left-handed user, however. I have a 3-point sling I would like to mount.

However, I need to move the front sling mount to the right side. I can't remove the pins on the front site to switch/reverse the front sling pieces. Any tips? Compensations?

Basically, if you know any way to put the mount on the right, please tell me.

Thanks.

-Sgt12Cougar
Like he said, its hard. Your talking about the M4A1 I assume, because the CQB has a sling mount right on the bottom for both left and right hand usage. Get a pin punch, it makes it much easier, I did mine with a old pointed file, but it worked. Just put some muscle into it!

#4 Sgt12Cougar

Sgt12Cougar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:WA
  • Interests:Girls<br />Airsoft

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

View Postvic_man4, on Jan 9 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

Like he said, its hard. Your talking about the M4A1 I assume, because the CQB has a sling mount right on the bottom for both left and right hand usage. Get a pin punch, it makes it much easier, I did mine with a old pointed file, but it worked. Just put some muscle into it!

Alright thanks guys. I was afraid the pegs would deform or something...because the metal looks really thin...

#5 urban_epidemic

urban_epidemic

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Location:Greensboro NC.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

It is thin, but that ok because it's held in by friction. Just make sure whatever you use to remove the pin has about the same diameter as the pin's hole and you'll be fine.

#6 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

View PostSgt12Cougar, on Jan 9 2009, 09:52 PM, said:

Alright thanks guys. I was afraid the pegs would deform or something...because the metal looks really thin...
Roll pins, watch out putting them back in because if you hit them too hard the metal will "mushroom" out and not fit back in all the way, which might be a slight issue. ALL IN ALL, be careful and patient when removing and putting pins in.

#7 Sgt12Cougar

Sgt12Cougar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:WA
  • Interests:Girls<br />Airsoft

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

View Postvic_man4, on Jan 10 2009, 05:51 PM, said:

Roll pins, watch out putting them back in because if you hit them too hard the metal will "mushroom" out and not fit back in all the way, which might be a slight issue. ALL IN ALL, be careful and patient when removing and putting pins in.

Alright guys I reversed it. Thanks.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users