• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 foollycoolly

foollycoolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

Which green gas brand works best with kwa gbbs? I know some brands have too high concentrations of silicone oil in theirs which eventually overlubes the buckings in the kwa mp7. Is this a problem in the mp9. Also which gun has higher fps?

Edited by foollycoolly, 24 April 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#2 VideoOn

VideoOn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

IIRC, KWA should have a private label of green gas available. I would assume that gas would be ideal for KWA guns.

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

I've used several brands of green gas, and I haven't across a problem of the gas over lubing the KWA gbb's, so I'm not sure where you heard that it does. King Arms, Firepower, UHC, KWA, etc. labeled green gas has all worked without problems in my KWA gbb's. Just make sure you're purchasing green gas labeled cans from airsoft retailers and you should be fine. In terms of which gun has a higher fps... the mp9 and mp7 should roughly be the same, the mp7 could edge the mp9 by 10-20 fps due to the longer inner barrel.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

View Postfoollycoolly, on 24 April 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

Which green gas brand works best with kwa gbbs? I know some brands have too high concentrations of silicone oil in theirs which eventually overlubes the buckings in the kwa mp7. Is this a problem in the mp9. Also which gun has higher fps?

I'm no longer a fan of the "Power Green Gas G1000" because the cans I have seen have a separate nozzle that you screw on and frankly doesn't work well at all on KWA valves nor TM valves for that matter.  I recently started using King Arms green gas which works well.  :gun:

#5 foollycoolly

foollycoolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Thanks guys! My big thing with being so hesitant to buy gas guns is the fact that, even though you may use green gas, you still will need to open it up and clean it( at least this is what  dobey said.) Do you guys open yours? Also I really, really badly crave an mp7. The only reason I wouldn't get one is because some people say to clean it you have to take out the pins which hold together the trigger and bolt catch! Is this true or can you just take out stock with bolt assembly and lube it from there? Thanks again!

#6 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

I do take apart my gas pistols and smgs to clean it and such, quite frequently. The first time I have to admit is always a bit nervous racking because I always worry about not being able to put it back together, and risk embarrassment of having to send it in or bring it to someone else for help.

Realistically, you have to start somewhere. :blinded: Taking it apart and putting it back together the first time around can take a while and be a lil' challenging, but after the first time, you'll get very comfortable taking it apart, cleaning it and lubing it.  

On a good note, you shouldn't be disassembling very much. A couple pins and the bolt, spring guide. (depends on smg as well) You shouldn't be removing intricate parts like the trigger.

If you ever get stuck or have extra questions on disassembling and properly maintaining your gbb, don't be afraid to post it up on here, or even call up the KWA Customer Support. We all are of good help. :)

#7 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

View PostVideoOn, on 25 April 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

IIRC, KWA should have a private label of green gas available. I would assume that gas would be ideal for KWA guns.

You talking about this?

Attached Files

• Attached File  gas.jpg   7.39K   20 downloads

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Displayed like a fine wine. :gun:

#9 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

I call my wine glass the M9 PTP... :punk:

#10 James1187

James1187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

I have a question, what is bigger? King Arms GG cans or Firepower GG cans?

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostJames1187, on 22 August 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

I have a question, what is bigger? King Arms GG cans or Firepower GG cans?
I think they are the same.  In fact, they may be made in the same factory....

#12 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

I've peeled the label off a couple different brands of metal valve Green Gas and they came out of the same plant according to the code on the can itself.  I'm just dumb enough to think KWA mandates Green Gas for a reason that doesn't include any profit for them.

-- Chuck

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostChuck S, on 24 August 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

I've peeled the label off a couple different brands of metal valve Green Gas and they came out of the same plant according to the code on the can itself.  I'm just dumb enough to think KWA mandates Green Gas for a reason that doesn't include any profit for them.

-- Chuck
Believe it!  KWA gets their GG from the same place as  King Arms and the like.  It's a pricey endeavor at best by virtue of the fact that the shipping charges and insurance needed to ship are ridiculously high.

There are two fundamental reasons that KWA mandates GG:
  • Too much silicone, or too little, can mess up how a KWA GGB gun performs.  Use of propane with manual addition of silicone does not allow for standardization of the amount of silicone used....Look at any number of threads on buckings swelling and you will understand the issue

• Commercially available Propane includes ingredients that are not included in GG.  So what you ask?  There is a track record of malfunctioning KWA GBB guns that have used propane to drive the gun.  These failed guns typically have a residue not found in those run on GG.
With proper maintenance, appropriate lubrication, and some common sense, I have seen KWAs run on propane for a very long time with no ill effect.  By the same token I have seen far more fail because of it.

Proceed at your own risk and after the warranty expires!  Oh, and all I use is GG by the way and not one can says KWA on it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users