4 replies to this topic

#1 lolitsjono

lolitsjono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hey guys

The question that I have is about what had happened to me while I was out during a game.
I constantly switch from semi to fullauto... It's my style of play. I remember switching my fire selector from fullauto back to semi and when I pulled the trigger the piston would not engage. All I would get is an audible click after each pull of the trigger. Although the semi-auto decided to not function properly, switching back to full auto did not seem to be affected by what's ever causing the problem.

I think this may have to do with the selector plate. But I'm not entirely sure. I just wanted to see your response/opinion, before I have to break down the gun and see for myself.

Again it is only when I am switching to semi-auto that the gun "sometimes" does not respond. I think it's safe to say it's unreliable at best.

#2 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

Mine has done this before...I just switched to full auto and after firing a couple of rounds through semi will work again...and vice versa. I doubt its the selector plate...the G36 fire selector plate is excellent...I have broken my gun down enough to know it holds snug to it.

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

How long have you been using your g36c, and what battery have you been using?

#4 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

The click you're hearing is the trigger slipping on the trigger block which means your trigger is not pushing the trigger block forward to complete the electrical circuit. This occurs when, on full auto, you let go of the trigger and the sector gear is in a particular position so that when you switch over to semi, the cut-off lever is half way up. This will make your trigger block reset before it even makes it all the way forward to complete the circuit. Its not that anything is wrong, its the design of any gearbox. A V2 gearbox will do this once in a while too, just not as often since the cut off lever is longer on the V3 gearboxes. Just do what Hitman07 said: switch it back to full auto, give it a burst, and you should be able to do semi-auto again.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

A similar situation can occur with a battery that is either damaged or low on power.  Be sure you are fully charged. :gun:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users