• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Brach23

Brach23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

So I have only put around 500 rounds through the Gen. 2 KG36C and my fps is staying constant around 250. I got the gun right when it came out way back in December of 2010(been crazy booked with college until now). Using Echo1 bbs so I don't think those caused any damages to my gun. Any ideas on where to start? I have little experience with AEGs I usally work with bolt action snipers. Thanks.

#2 Conner Brenner

Conner Brenner

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

View PostBrach23, on 15 April 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

So I have only put around 500 rounds through the Gen. 2 KG36C and my fps is staying constant around 250. I got the gun right when it came out way back in December of 2010(been crazy booked with college until now). Using Echo1 bbs so I don't think those caused any damages to my gun. Any ideas on where to start? I have little experience with AEGs I usally work with bolt action snipers. Thanks.

unfortunately, it sounds as though you accidentally left the spring compressed for a year.  If this gun was in storage for over a year, and thespring was left compressed, a massive drop of fps is expected. this is a very likely theory however I would not know for sure without seeing your gun's internals obviously.

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Strange. There actually could be several things that could be causing or have caused your fps to drop.

Before I assume anything....

Did you clean your inner barrel and hop up bucking?
If so, how did you clean your inner barrel and bucking?
Did you chrono with your hop up on?
Are you using any other magazines besides the KWA magazine?
Did you make sure you dry fired on semi a few times before putting it away?

Aside from it all, there is a chance that you might have left your spring compressed after you used it back when you first purchased it. Leaving a spring compressed for months could explain your low fps.

#4 FrankAR15

FrankAR15

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

So the procedure for making sure the spring is not compressed is to dry fire on semi?

Is this for all spring guns, including pistols?

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Pistols do not use a main spring as a method of power.  But they do have main springs that operating the hammer mechanism.  As a general rule, you should never ever store anything cocked.

#6 Brach23

Brach23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

View PostConner Brenner, on 15 April 2011 - 04:00 PM, said:

unfortunately, it sounds as though you accidentally left the spring compressed for a year.  If this gun was in storage for over a year, and thespring was left compressed, a massive drop of fps is expected. this is a very likely theory however I would not know for sure without seeing your gun's internals obviously.

I made sure to dry fire the gun before I placed it into storage so that is not an issue. The gun was firing at 250 fps right out of the box so I'm guessing that it was a defective gun right from the start. Plus I got the KG36C-2 right when it came out the chances would be higher of a defective product.

#7 Brach23

Brach23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 15 April 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

Strange. There actually could be several things that could be causing or have caused your fps to drop.

Before I assume anything....

Did you clean your inner barrel and hop up bucking?
If so, how did you clean your inner barrel and bucking?
Did you chrono with your hop up on?
Are you using any other magazines besides the KWA magazine?
Did you make sure you dry fired on semi a few times before putting it away?

Aside from it all, there is a chance that you might have left your spring compressed after you used it back when you first purchased it. Leaving a spring compressed for months could explain your low fps.

dry fired on semi always before I placed it back into storage. Have not cleaned anything as I did not want to void any policy or anything in case I had to ship it back to KWA(as if it matters now) and I did have it chronoed with the hop up off. I'm going to a local gun smith who works on airsoft guns to take a look at it next week. I have given up getting a replacement through KWA as it has been way to long even if I have never really shot the gun at all.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

View PostBrach23, on 08 May 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

dry fired on semi always before I placed it back into storage. Have not cleaned anything as I did not want to void any policy or anything in case I had to ship it back to KWA(as if it matters now) and I did have it chronoed with the hop up off. I'm going to a local gun smith who works on airsoft guns to take a look at it next week. I have given up getting a replacement through KWA as it has been way to long even if I have never really shot the gun at all.
Clean the inner barrel really well with dry cotton patches.  The re-chrono with a KSC .2's if possible with the hop-up off. See of that makes a difference.  There could be a host of other things going on from an air leak to a stripped piston.  If may require you ultimately sending it in for repair either at KWA or to you local shop.  Also, be sure to use KWA mags.  The goal is to limit as many outside variables to find the problem.  :gun:

#9 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

If you're very sure that you did not leave the spring compressed then there is probably something much more serious going on. Is this the FPS it has EVER fired or was it performing properly at some earlier point in time?

Edited by SR105, 08 May 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#10 Brach23

Brach23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

View PostSR105, on 08 May 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

If you're very sure that you did not leave the spring compressed then there is probably something much more serious going on. Is this the FPS it has EVER fired or was it performing properly at some earlier point in time?
It was the original FPS when I got the gun as I had it chroned at an event the day after I got the gun in the mail. I would think KWA would be willing to replace or repair it for free but it has been way to long now to prove my problem to them(at least that is what I'm thinking). Do you think they would see value the warrenty?

#11 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

If it was shooting that right out of the box, why didn't you contact us within the warranty period? I know you said you've been busy, but You had a month and a half to put a claim in.
I can't guarantee that we can cover something as a warranty item 5 months old, but you can send it in and let our Service Center make the determination. They would have to determine wear and usage before we can cover something this far outside the warranty period.
Hit up the Help Desk and submit the repair ticket so we can get a look at it.

#12 Brach23

Brach23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 09 May 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

If it was shooting that right out of the box, why didn't you contact us within the warranty period? I know you said you've been busy, but You had a month and a half to put a claim in.
I can't guarantee that we can cover something as a warranty item 5 months old, but you can send it in and let our Service Center make the determination. They would have to determine wear and usage before we can cover something this far outside the warranty period.
Hit up the Help Desk and submit the repair ticket so we can get a look at it.

Alright I will thanks and I have one quick question. How much would 30 degree weather effect the internals? That was the only event that I used the gun in and I'm guessing that is why this all happened in the first place.

#13 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, sword fighting, computers, automobiles, STEAMPUNK

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

View PostBrach23, on 11 May 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Alright I will thanks and I have one quick question. How much would 30 degree weather effect the internals? That was the only event that I used the gun in and I'm guessing that is why this all happened in the first place.

Nobody else answered you, so I will... the answer is not much to not at all... +30 on an aeg is not a problem.  That won't be the cause of a low power issue.

The temperature has to drop much lower (+10F or less) for the plastics to get brittle enough / shrink enough to start causing issues, and even colder yet (sub-zero) to cause metal fatigue issues.

This is from some experiments we did a while back with freezing some cheapo v2 gearboxes to see if the cold was what was breaking them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users