• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wong fei hung

wong fei hung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

My friend has an M4 and I have an M4 Tactical and we can't seem to get the BUIS to change from the large to small aperture.  We have both tried to adjustment knobs and this is the problem that we have.  On M4 Tactical I can only get it to move left and right and it seems that both the large and small apertures are standing up, shouldn't only one be up?

On my friend's M4 one aperture is down and one is up as should be the case but no amount of adjustment could get them to switch and now even worse the thread on the adjust knob has come off its thread and the knob will no longer stay on at all.

Please help us before we break any more sights in trying to get these BUIS' adjusted.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

The rear sight adjustment knob is for adjusting the windage (left and right).  

On the KM4S Tactical, the BUIS are "staggered".  To reveal the large aperture, simply flip down the small aperture.  On the KM4A1, when you flip either BUIS, the other will lay flat.

The set screw on your friends adjustment knob is loose.  Locate small hole on side of knob (serrated side) and insert a 1/16 allen wrench to retighten (see attached photo).

Attached Files

#3 wong fei hung

wong fei hung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

View PostRadix, on May 19 2008, 09:09 AM, said:

The rear sight adjustment knob is for adjusting the windage (left and right).  

On the KM4S Tactical, the BUIS are "staggered".  To reveal the large aperture, simply flip down the small aperture.  On the KM4A1, when you flip either BUIS, the other will lay flat.

The set screw on your friends adjustment knob is loose.  Locate small hole on side of knob (serrated side) and insert a 1/16 allen wrench to retighten (see attached photo).

thanks that did the trick that little screw was loose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users