• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mabuckit

mabuckit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

I have been looking online and in the forms and some kwa personel say that the m1911a1 has been replaced by the mk series and that it is out of production. But other kwa personel say that it is getting an update to be compatible with mk series mags and parts. I want to know once and for all if the m1911a1 will not be produced anymore and has been replaced by the mk series or if it is being updated and will be back in production sometime in the future.

Also it is hard to find retailers selling it at all.

#2 hedonism

hedonism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Airsoft GI or Airsoft Megastore are the best places to buy.

I think the 1911a1 has indeed been replaced by the MKI-MKIV. I don't think there are any plans in the future since they didn't have anything at Shot Show, so I think the MK series 1911's are the only ones.

#3 mabuckit

mabuckit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Airsoftgi and airsoft megastore do not sell it anymore. I do realize that it was not at the 2011 shot show but in the discussion below this one labelled 1911A1 DISCONTINED?, a kwa staff member on the forums said that it was being updated. This happened last month , after the shot show. I am still confused about it being replaced or not and need a definite answer if it will be back in production or if it is gone for good.

Also the m1911a1 just had its 100th birthday as a service pistol 14 days ago and is being named the official handgun of Utah. So kind of wierd if kwa got rid of it on its 100th birthday.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

got rid of it? :rolleyes2: there's a saying about assumptions...

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

I smell a makeover. :shiftyninja:

#6 mabuckit

mabuckit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

alright well my question is still unanswered. It is nearly impossible to find a new one for sale anywhere in my area. All of the stores tell me that it is discontinued but I know that KWA hasn't got rid of it. Will we see them back in stores like airsoft gi and will it be an updated version compatible with mark series mags.

pleaae don't give me advise on where to find one, I appreciate your help but I just need the above question answered.

#7 mabuckit

mabuckit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

I have been waiting 13 days for an answer and nobody has even read post. PLEASE READ THE ABOVE QUESTION!

#8 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

View Postmabuckit, on 21 April 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

alright well my question is still unanswered. It is nearly impossible to find a new one for sale anywhere in my area. All of the stores tell me that it is discontinued but I know that KWA hasn't got rid of it. Will we see them back in stores like airsoft gi and will it be an updated version compatible with mark series mags.

pleaae don't give me advise on where to find one, I appreciate your help but I just need the above question answered.

We haven't produced that model for over an year.  What is in the market (US & Asia) are old inventories. We are working on a updated version that will be compatible with the MK series mags. Release date is still undetermined.

#9 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

View Postmabuckit, on 02 May 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

I have been waiting 13 days for an answer and nobody has even read post. PLEASE READ THE ABOVE QUESTION!

For a quicker response regarding product availability, please submit a ticket through our HELP Desk or PM any of the Admins/KWA staffs.  This forum is used mostly for technical discussions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users