• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frenchman

frenchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

My External Cylinder (Part #7) on my M1911 Mk4 broke just behind the #8 Pin. I was not dry firing or muffling the gun or barrel at all. I was just shooting it this afternoon since the weather is nice. I haven't used it that much except running a few mags through it a month and lube and clean it. I had an issue the 1st week after buying it with the firing mechanism failing. KWA fixed it under warranty, but that has ended, now this. This must be a defect as I am not a noob or inexperienced with airsoft weapons and I take good care of my equipment. I read another post with this same issue. KWA, this needs to be addressed.

Edited by frenchman, 10 April 2011 - 11:36 AM.

#2 professionaldilettante

professionaldilettante

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

I really hope that this is a fluke, as I just ordered this online, and I read 2 incidences of this one part breaking in the last 20 minutes. I really hope that this will be resolved, and that a beefier/redesigned part will come to market.

#3 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:DIY Airsoft. DIY speaker building. Chairsoft(LOL) some other stuff

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

This just happened to me!  JUST NOW!!!

I ordered a PTP MKIV as a gift for someone on December 8th.   It arrived on the 16th.  I was away on business and returned home yesterday.   I wasn't' able to register the pistol and wanted to do it today.
The gas arrived today.

I Filled one magazine with G-1000 UHC power green gas. Put 13 provided BB's in.  

I fired 6 shots and the same piece lodged itself in my ejection port and kept the slide back   I pulled the clip, pulled the slide back a little to release this broken piece.   I can't even find the rest of what is broken off maybe it's still inside.

This is my first GBB purchase, My FIrst KWA. I sent a trouble ticket in.  Hopefully this will be taken care of.

#4 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.  KWA has excellent customer service.  Interesting issue since I've had two Mks for over a 1.5 years.  I'm sure KWA will get to you after the Xmas break.

#5 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

Hey thanks guys....   YEAH, KWA contacted me and they were awesome about this... Sadly this is a Hong Kong Model purchased from a retailer that is not under the proverbial umbrella.  
I was informed that any HK model of KWA may have their own (outdated) internals to comply with the fps limitations.   Chances are slim that  even the replacement cylinder offered at our fine pro shop will even fit or work, as improvements and modifications to the system are employed through their QC.    KWA USA authorized retailers will always have the latest and updated parts and will follow a clear path of tech support to ensure we receive the best from KWA.

#6 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

I've updated my other post on the same topic.   PRO SHOP parts will work in HK models...  You just have to fix it yourself.

http://kwausa.com/fo...indpost&p=83426

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users