The Culprit Of The Bolt Not Going All The Way Forward.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ionstorm66

ionstorm66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

My gun has been misfiring a lot, and I couldn't figure out why. The gun would fire and the bolt would now go forward all the way, leaving the gun in a very dangerous state. A bump in the wrong way causes it for fire. I tore the gun apart and foung the culprit to be a broken spring on the cylinder head.

Posted Image

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

you have a lot of oil in your cylinder.

Do you store your gun with the bolt cocked back?

#3 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

Yeah. I had the same issue, but I don't know is that's it. Both my springs were busted (I did not store with the bolt open), and when they were repaired, the bolt would still not go forward. The issue with he spring, I found, was that when the trigger was pulled and the bolt would go back, the loading nozzle and cylinder assembly would stay put inside the hop-up and feeding area, resulting in no BBs being shot. Right now, I'm currently waiting to hear from KWA about my gun, as it was sent in about 2 weeks ago :P

#4 ionstorm66

ionstorm66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

I replaced both springs with some tiny rubber bands that are a bit stronger than the spring, and the gun fires flawlessly now. I doubt the rubber bands will last very long, but latest I can can use the gun.

#5 o2bmark

o2bmark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

Ditto here.  Brand new to Airsoft.  Had the KMP9 just a couple of days and it began to misfire due to bolt not going far enough foward to trip disconnector.  I noticed that the the "bolt" inside was not retracting either.  Close inspection revealed remains of tiny mangled spring that was supposed to retract the bolt.  I guess it's back to KWA under warranty. Is this going to be a chronic problem?  Is it hard to punch out those tiny roll pins to access the bolt internals?

#6 roguesqd

roguesqd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

Any comments from the KWA staff?  What is the plan to fix these issues for people with these guns?

#7 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

This may seem like a common issue since there are a few on here that are having the issue, but we don't have that many reports of this issue world wide. Thousands of units have been sold, and we've only found about a dozen with this issue. We are looking into it though and should have a solution.
Hit up our Help Desk and submit a ticket so you can send it in, we'll take care of them on a case by case basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users