#1 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

The stock motor on a KWA G36c 2GX (latest version) can it pull a PDI 260% (M130 eq) ~470 FPS (.20g)  with the right battery?    

I thought the KWA gears and motor were designed to handle up to a M150 spring...someone confirm please.

I am thinking a 10.8v 3000 or more MAH?

My 7.4v 1600 MAH (FULLY CHARGED) was only able to pull the spring back a few times before sounding weak. So I assume the motor is fine...just need the bigger battery??

I am going DMR based G36 single-auto only

Thanks for the help guys

Edited by Hitman07, 01 April 2011 - 04:32 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

View PostHitman07, on 01 April 2011 - 04:24 AM, said:

The stock motor on a KWA G36c 2GX (latest version) can it pull a PDI 260% (M130 eq) ~470 FPS (.20g)  with the right battery?    

I thought the KWA gears and motor were designed to handle up to a M150 spring...someone confirm please.

I am thinking a 10.8v 3000 or more MAH?

My 7.4v 1600 MAH (FULLY CHARGED) was only able to pull the spring back a few times before sounding weak. So I assume the motor is fine...just need the bigger battery??

I am going DMR based G36 single-auto only

Thanks for the help guys
Hi Dan:

The motor should be able to pull that spring as far as I know.  I know it will in the M4's and SRs so I don't see why it wouldn't in the G36.   Have you PM'd Spiggy?  He will be able to tell you definitively.

#3 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

Whats the "C" rating of the 7.4 lipo? I would say you'd need a battery with a bit more "umph". Id try a 10.8v or a 11.1v or something. Since from what i gather its a semi only platform, you wont have to worry about being "unrealistic" with the 11.1v's high rof (since that wont be an issue) and you can still reap the benefits of the 11.1v's trigger response.  :thumbsup:

In other words, i think the motor should be fine really, but the 7.4 lipo just lacks the balls to get the job done!  :showoff:

#4 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Agreed, I thought the motor could handle it...I will double check and confirm with Spiggy though. Would an 11.1v 3000mah be better than a 10.8v 5000 mah? I saw a 12v battery to...plan on mounting the battery on the side of the gun so dimensions are not a big deal.

7.4v has a c rating of 18

Thanks guys

#5 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

What is the best/biggest battery that will pull the PD 260% spring with at least a 20 RPS  ROF?  I did some research and it seems 11.1v LiPo based would be the best route with a high C rating...KWA says to not go over 20A continuous...does this apply for semi auto fire only?

_v _MAH _C

*Size does not matter it will be mounted on the outside of the gun.*

#6 Kaoru

Kaoru

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Reading TV Guide, writing to TV Guide, and renewing TV Guide

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

The reasoning behind the 20A limit is the more amps your battery has, the more damage is done to your trigger contacts. At least that's my understanding. It applies for both.

#7 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostKaoru, on 01 April 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

The reasoning behind the 20A limit is the more amps your battery has, the more damage is done to your trigger contacts. At least that's my understanding. It applies for both.

Also i believe that doing semi auto only (or rather, more-so than automatic) created a bit more wear on the trigger contacts so maybe a mosfet would be in order? i would go with the lipo just for the size/convenience. Not to mention they hold more charges and perform better in cold weather so... (infact i dont really see any pro's to using a nihm or nicd over a lithium polymer battery at all)
But thats just my opinion, best of luck with the build!

Edited by azzauzi, 01 April 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#8 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

I saw a gun upgrade with a M130 spring work with a 11.1V 2650mAh 30C Lipo...but that is a continuous discharge rate of 80 amps?

Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to keep everything else stock and not buy anything else other than a better battery.

#9 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

View PostHitman07, on 01 April 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

I saw a gun upgrade with a M130 spring work with a 11.1V 2650mAh 30C Lipo...but that is a continuous discharge rate of 80 amps?

Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to keep everything else stock and not buy anything else other than a better battery.

the proshop should be able to hook ya up, but if you want a different brand, i like the "Firefox" brand of lipo's. pretty sure some of those should be within the specs your looking for.

#10 bojofly

bojofly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

What i did to my m4 2 years ago change the spring m150 then put a jg m42 motor running on a lipo 11.1 volts 20c it works flawlless like a real m4 riffle but some of my m4s are all 130 spring installed the fps is great put an amp motor sweet speed and torque love it ive got 8 kwa m4 diffrent models coz im a kwa freak ,,, lol! Good luck ,,,

#11 airsoftamateur32

airsoftamateur32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

bojofly please use proper grammar. such as periods,commas and proper spelling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users