Jump to content


BB's just fall out the end of my gun :-(


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WiN&LeGeNd

WiN&LeGeNd

    Resident Airsoft Geek

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Finally got a chance to test my KWA KM16BR and the BB's just fall out the end of the gun. I think I know exactly what the problem is, but I would like confirmation before I tear into it again.

What type of cylinder does the KM16BR use? I asked this question before, as I bought my new off of e-bay, took the whole thing apart and it looked to me like it was an KWA M4 gearbox in there because it had a ported cylinder and with that port I don't believe there is enough air volume to even fill the entire barrel, let alone create pressure behind the bb.

I know the gearbox is working fine, its completely stock and its never been used, its all authentic KWA. I have done compression check with my finger and it gets compression, the nozzle fully extends and retracts. At first I thought it was the 11.1v LiPo giving it too high of a RPM, but hooking up a cheap NiMH 9.6v which has not even half the ROF does not change the results.

The KWA KM16BR should NOT have a ported cylinder correct? Because the cylinder that's in mine has a port between 1/2 and 1/3 of the way up the cylinder giving it significantly less air volume. Can anyone with a KM16BR or any KWA engineers confirm that it should have a full cylinder(type 0)? I know all the Marui and CA M16's are Type 0. I asked this question once before in a post, i had not test fired the gun at that time, I believe Radix said it is supposed to have a proted cylinder, perhaps he thought I meant M4. Any help would be apreciated. Also will a stock marui Type0 be compatible with the KWA gearbox if I need to use a Type 0(because I have a couple spares of stock maruis)?

#2 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:10 PM

View PostWiN&LeGeNd, on Dec 30 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

Finally got a chance to test my KWA KM16BR and the BB's just fall out the end of the gun. I think I know exactly what the problem is, but I would like confirmation before I tear into it again.

What type of cylinder does the KM16BR use? I asked this question before, as I bought my new off of e-bay, took the whole thing apart and it looked to me like it was an KWA M4 gearbox in there because it had a ported cylinder and with that port I don't believe there is enough air volume to even fill the entire barrel, let alone create pressure behind the bb.

I know the gearbox is working fine, its completely stock and its never been used, its all authentic KWA. I have done compression check with my finger and it gets compression, the nozzle fully extends and retracts. At first I thought it was the 11.1v LiPo giving it too high of a RPM, but hooking up a cheap NiMH 9.6v which has not even half the ROF does not change the results.

The KWA KM16BR should NOT have a ported cylinder correct? Because the cylinder that's in mine has a port between 1/2 and 1/3 of the way up the cylinder giving it significantly less air volume. Can anyone with a KM16BR or any KWA engineers confirm that it should have a full cylinder(type 0)? I know all the Marui and CA M16's are Type 0. I asked this question once before in a post, i had not test fired the gun at that time, I believe Radix said it is supposed to have a proted cylinder, perhaps he thought I meant M4. Any help would be apreciated. Also will a stock marui Type0 be compatible with the KWA gearbox if I need to use a Type 0(because I have a couple spares of stock maruis)?

Yes, it should be ported. The problem you might be facing could be because your loosing air inbetween the nozzle and hopup chamber, also, your barrel might have too much lube in it, so you might want to use 500 shots to clear the barrel of excess lube. Other issues could be a badly installed inner barrel or hopup bucking.

The same cylinder for a M4 can be used up to 509mm :)

Edited by vic_man4, 30 December 2008 - 05:10 PM.


#3 WiN&LeGeNd

WiN&LeGeNd

    Resident Airsoft Geek

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

View Postvic_man4, on Dec 30 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

Yes, it should be ported. The problem you might be facing could be because your loosing air inbetween the nozzle and hopup chamber, also, your barrel might have too much lube in it, so you might want to use 500 shots to clear the barrel of excess lube. Other issues could be a badly installed inner barrel or hopup bucking.

The same cylinder for a M4 can be used up to 509mm :)

I figured out what it was, i'm rather disappointed, the cylinder head is competely shatter, like the plastic is too brittle just like my trigger block :-(. Now I have to replace two things and I have not even had a chance to use it other than a few dryfire tests. I think I got a lemon as far as plastics go, I have building Marui and CA guns for 6 years and never run into this problem before, although I did have one break a gear tooth on a CA that was brand new after 1 mag. Oh well, at least they are cheap parts to replace.

Edited by WiN&LeGeNd, 30 December 2008 - 05:56 PM.


#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

View PostWiN&LeGeNd, on Dec 30 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

I figured out what it was, i'm rather disappointed, the cylinder head is competely shatter, like the plastic is too brittle just like my trigger block :-(. Now I have to replace two things and I have not even had a chance to use it other than a few dryfire tests. I think I got a lemon as far as plastics go, I have building Marui and CA guns for 6 years and never run into this problem before, although I did have one break a gear tooth on a CA that was brand new after 1 mag. Oh well, at least they are cheap parts to replace.

Is this a brand new gun? Who was the seller? PM me if you prefer to take this matter private.

#5 WiN&LeGeNd

WiN&LeGeNd

    Resident Airsoft Geek

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:30 AM

View PostRadix, on Dec 30 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

Is this a brand new gun? Who was the seller? PM me if you prefer to take this matter private.

I would just like to say that KWA is a great company, for both their products, innovation and especially customer service!

#6 WiN&LeGeNd

WiN&LeGeNd

    Resident Airsoft Geek

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

Just to let you all know, KWA has taken care of this issue and has been extremely helpful even when they didn't have to be!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users