Kz75 Metal Barrel

3 replies to this topic

#1 shepherdeh

shepherdeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

Hey I recently bought a KZ75 from my local airsoft store and love it. I don't understand why they made a metal frame and slide then just a polymer barrel. I am just wondering if KWA is planning on making metal aftermarket barrels, maybe ones that include threads for a [barrel extension].

Thanks in advance

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

From my KWA KZ75 NS2 Review

...This leads me to say, that the KZ75ís outer barrel is in fact made out of high impact polymer instead of metal. KWA discovered with their previous gas blowbacks that the metal outer barrel did cause excessive strain and ware to the internals. In order to ensure reliability and performance, KWA decided to switch over to a high impact polymer outer barrel because it not only self lubricates but it also ensure the longevity of the internals...

If you call in Customer Service, you could ask if they have replacement outer barrels that don't have the orange tip on it. I doubt there's any threaded or/and metal barrels.

#3 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, sword fighting, computers, automobiles, STEAMPUNK

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 29 March 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

From my KWA KZ75 NS2 Review

If you call in Customer Service, you could ask if they have replacement outer barrels that don't have the orange tip on it. I doubt there's any threaded or/and metal barrels.

There is a metal outer barrel available... don't know if it is factory or aftermarket, but it does exist.

Haven't seen a threaded barrel, though, and the metal one I saw is not threaded.

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

Prime just released a CNC aluminum conversion kit for the KZ75.  :drooling: Quite a price, however.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users